Advantage Tech is searching for a qualified Accountant to join their team in Kansas City, Mo.
This Accountant will provide leadership, direction, and business decision support regarding the financial and administrative functions for the organization. Such functions include but may not be limited to: accounting and financial reporting, operational reporting and analysis, and, human resources administration.
Finance, accounting, Payroll
- Implement, and manage all accounting and administrative processes, plans, & policies.
- Process, enter, manage and review a wide variety of financial and accounting information, including processes related to invoicing, accounts payable/receivable, cash controls and reconciliations, financial reporting, payroll, inventory, asset management.
- Monthly reconcile all accounts for both the client and the client's Endowment, including reconciliation of fundraising activities with financial records.
- Routinely and creatively use and understand technology necessary to collect, retain, analyze and report critical, requisite information related to finance, payroll, benefits, chapter, region and section payments and disbursements, and related matters.
- Manage the financial stewardship for the organization, and ensure risks and issues which may affect the financial health of the organization are identified, addressed, and remedied.
- Establish and maintain positive, effective relationships with all staff, volunteers, key resources, including external vendors and suppliers, banks, audit firm, and related strategic partners.
- Respond to all requests for assistance and information related to payroll, payroll laws, taxes, and employee benefits.
- Management and execution of annual audit process.
- Regularly and effectively communicate throughout all levels within organization in written, verbal, and presentation formats.
- Ensure all business operations are compliant with all relevant rules, laws, and regulations. Ensure timely and accurate responses to all requests for information, records, reports, and related matters.
- Effectively manage and maintain a high degree of confidentiality. Ensure all customer/employee information is communicated and/or maintained in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Supervise and manage financial manager who handles accounts payables and receivables
- Serve as the client’s liaison with the organization’s business subcontractors:
- Broker of health, vision, dental and life insurance coverage
- 401K plan provider including providing employer match on behalf of the organization
- Banking liaison
- Partners with management team to align company finances and budgeting with strategic direction.
- Effectively communicates with coworkers – seeks their input and keeps them informed regarding issues that affect their areas of responsibility and their employment. Provides adequate direction, responds and understands issues or concerns, provides assistance and/or training to staff, members and end users of financial software.
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and effective interpersonal skills at all times.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner in both written and personal communications.
- Handle multiple tasks, and flexible, changing priorities.
- Utilize all office technology, including web-based tools and services.
- Make sound decisions and utilize good judgment.
- Ability to manage confidential information appropriately and professionally at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to support and function in team environment.
- Demonstrate expertise and experience with in all facets of finance, accounting, and business planning.
- Demonstrate success in the development and implementation of financial and accounting systems and related processes including payroll.
- Ability to develop and implement financial strategies, plans, policies and business initiatives.
- Experience utilizing Sage’s Peachtree financial Software and MS Office applications.
- Exceptional organizational skills and demonstrated success in a multi-task environment.
- Persistence, flexibility and adaptability in a sometimes-demanding work environment.
- Experience working with an association or non-profit.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills.
- College degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.