The individual will be responsible for providing an assessment of the IBM Financial Transaction Manager (FTM) based ACH solution to the potential of encountering a degraded or inoperable state of processing as a result of interactions to the FTM Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) database. The successful Performance Architect will have demonstrated the ability to support performance test life cycle activities associated with complex, large scale, FTM integration projects involving automated performance testing. Candidate must possess a track record of being an effective and creative team member in a fast-paced, dynamic environment creating complex software applications while being a strong contributor to a diverse range of projects.
• Architects and designs technical architectures of varying complexity, technologies, and size. Leverages industry and organizational standards, patterns and best practices to develop architectures that fulfill business strategies. As the owner of the architecture, orchestrates the implementation of proposed solutions on small and medium sized projects, leveraging the appropriate IT service providers in the fulfillment of the architecture
• Partners with business stakeholders to confirm understanding of business drivers and strategy, and proposes the appropriate technical options to meet these needs. Effectively leverages appropriate design tradeoffs and cost/benefit analysis during this process.
• Establishes and fosters strong relationships with a broad audience of customers, service providers, vendor partners, technical peers and management. Is respected as an authoritative source on a narrowly defined technical domain, but remains generally knowledgeable regarding broad industry segments. Provides mentorship to local development staff.
• Will work on end to end performance test projects in an IBM AIX environment.
• Will be defining, building and implementing performance testing strategy, approach and framework.
• Partner with client Development and client National IT (NIT) Performance teams to comply with FRS standards.
• Analyze current test performance practices, techniques and tools, and recommend improvement in test performance practices, techniques and tools.
• Will work closely with business experts to identify test data and architecture for designing work load models.
• Will design performance test scenarios and analyze Performance test metrics and make improvement recommendations.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an information technology field, or an equivalent combination of-related education and work experience.
• At least six to eight years of progressive information technology experience directly related to architecture/engineering, information security, other specialized technology field.
• Familiarity with Industry and software development methodologies, standards and architecture frameworks.
• At least ten years of progressive information technology experience directly related to enterprise software development and architecture/engineering, with at least five years specific expertise in Performance Testing.
• Have excellent organizational, project management and problem-solving skills.
• Have excellent initiative, innovative thinking skills, and the ability to analyze details and adopt a big-picture view.
• Have excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Have the ability to explain complex technical information to technical and non-technical contacts.
• Be able to effectively build relationships, promote a collaborative team environment, and positively influence others.
• Have the ability to analyze AIX performance data gathered by NMON, Optum and Dynatrace, or similar tooling.
• Have experience with performance testing tools like Load Runner, HP ALM
• Have experience performance testing FTM as well as post-test analysis, reporting and problem remediation.
• Have expertise in performance test plan creation, test script creation, load model generation.
• Possess experience with ACH business and application (preferred).
• Java development knowledge is a plus.