Advantage Tech is looking for an Agile Practice Manager for our Kansas City, MO client.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Works closely with IT leadership and product champions to establish or improve their Agile practice across the enterprise.
- Is dedicated and focused on continuously improving scrum teams to drive higher productivity.
- Leverages the Agile Scrum community to bring best practices and techniques to the organization.
- Serves as a servant leader to bridge gaps between development team, product champions and stakeholders.
- Is an Agile Scrum tool expert and go-to person allowing teams to focus on deliverables rather than administration.
- Protects teams from complacency through continuous team involvement, coaching, and guidance.
- Measure and report key metrics showing effectiveness of the Agile practice and areas needing improvement.
- Organize and facilitate daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related activities.
- Coach and guide Agile development teams in effective Agile delivery throughout all ceremonies and practices.
- Enforce the rules of Scrum, removing impediments from teams while promoting self-directed teams focused on constantly improving their standards of work.
- Communicate current status of enterprise Agile adoption with senior management and Agile practitioners throughout the Agile transformation process.
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core Agile principles including collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, visibility, and continuous improvement.
- Maintain Agile process documentation.
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution within the Agile practice.
- Research Agile best practices and techniques and bring them to the organization.
- Train key individuals throughout the organization on Agile scrum for better enterprise adoption and overall practice execution.
Minimum Education & Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of additional experience in lieu of degree
- Certified scrum master certification
- 4 years of experience as a scrum master, scrum coach or enterprise scrum practice trainer
- Experience implementing and improving agile practices throughout an organization
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
Preferred Education & Experience Qualifications
- Certified scrum trainer certification or equivalent work experience
- Experience training scrum teams, stakeholders and organizational leaders on Agile practices
- Experience with Microsoft Azure DevOps
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Strong communication skills to all levels of the organization
- Conflict resolution
- Change agent
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.