Advantage Tech is searching for an AIX Specialist to join their clients team in the Kansas City Metro area.
We are looking for a person that is skilled in performing research, problem solving, trouble-shooting, and resolution of issues in the AIX server areas and Storage.
They will perform assigned tasks with limited assistance from other experienced staff. The job will require working with different technical products. Ideal candidates will have 8-10 years of experience working in an AIX/IBM environment.
Drive Continuous Improvement in the AIX environment (50%)
- Monitoring of server environments with open source tools and then the capabilities to provide improvements to the environment based on workload.
- Installing patches, upgrades and other related software in a AIX environment
- Improving the Disaster Recovery capabilities of the AIX environment between Data Centers
- Self motivated with the ability to learn new technologies and execute new skills
- Manage Live Partition Mobility (LPM) between multiple IBM PSeries servers.
- Manage Disk Storage allocation among servers.
Supporting a Production Environment and Assisting Teams on Requirements (50%)
- Troubleshooting technical server issues using logical problem solving techniques
- Assist with resolution of incident tickets.
- Assist project teams to understand compute and disk storage needs.
- AIX, SAN, Storage, Backups, ILMT
- Storage-SAN: Brocade, (BNA), SAN/NAV, Infinidat, IBM V7k+, 5+ yrs, (Installations, Admin, Service, troubleshooting, migrations, upgrades)
- Backup Software: 5+ years experience, Actifio preferred, Backup and restoring experience, incremental, (Installations, Admin, Service, troubleshooting, migrations, upgrades)
- Ability to teach others on team, Virtualization experience, VIO, NIM, Performance Tuning, Monitoring, HMC enhanced+ Interface GUI, LPM, Scripting, Security.
- Team Lead: Ability to teach others, Ability to keep work on track for team and to delegate work, Help to balance work loads, Monitor Technology usage, trends and versions
- ILMT/BigFix: 3-5+ years experience of Administration and Monitoring of Software classifications, Cloud-pak, Fixlets and Tasks, PVU, VPC subcapacity is a plus
- 4 year degree and/or work experience. A combination of both is preferred
- Exposure to working with AIX Administration. 10 years experience is preferred.
- Experience with AIX installs and configuration
- Knowledge and experience with IBM pSeries hardware and firmware
- Knowledge of server administration processes
- Proven strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good analysis, problem-solving and solution skills
- Ability to develop and drive improvements
- Creation of small project plans and a structure to execute the plan until completion
- Strong team player with the ability to be proactive