Advantage Tech needs an Android Software Engineer who is interested in working on an innovation team and is responsible for adding new features to their client's core platform, maintaining it, and creating new versions of the app, customized for the specific requirements of other verticals.
- Utilize software development tools and instruments to develop, test, debug, and deploy quality software.
- Support a suite of apps with varying needs – some have UI/UX design specifications, others will allow for more creativity.
- Perform technical root cause analysis and outlines corrective action for given problems.
- Integrate applications with various API’s and web services.
- Work collaboratively in an agile development methodology.
- Participate in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
- Estimate level of effort, evaluate new options of similar technology, offer suggestions to improve processes.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a related technical field required or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience required
- Minimum of two (2) years experience designing, developing, and testing Android applications, embedded or mobile, in a work environment required (school or internship projects will not be considered).
- Proficient knowledge and utilization of engineering tools to develop complex software.
- Experience developing mobile apps for Android Devices.
- Kotlin development experience preferred; Java development experience.
- Experience with Android Developer and/or Android Studio.
- Experience with Web Services (e.g. RESTful, JSON, XML, etc.).
- Experience with Google Play Services such as push notifications and location services.
- Knowledge of Dependency Injection, Fragment Navigation, Material Design, Room database and view model.
- Experience with analytics tools such as Flurry.
- Utilize tools such as Git and JIRA in the software development process.
- Demonstrates ownership of projects by taking initiative, being accountable, and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to approach work with an eye for details, while understanding the big picture.
- The ability to think creatively with a focus on providing something of value.
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships in a team environment, with a diverse group and across functional areas.
- Demonstrates the ability for clear and effective verbal and written communications; demonstrates active listening skills.