Advantage Tech is looking for an API Developer for our Lee's Summit, MO Client.
Job Description Summary
This team is in the “middle” of re-thinking Application Integration, moving from an “Extract First” Integration to “API Led Integration” using our Enterprise Integrations Platform, with APIs as the foundation. This requires a Developer that embraces different integrations patterns, from ETL File Based data movement to Messaging, APIs, and a Service Oriented Architecture to design and develop new solutions simplifying the overall architecture, enabling re-use, and reducing time to deliver business solutions.
Developer Job Description:
- Analyzes, designs, develops, and deliver services in one or more programming languages, with a focus on application integration using Service Oriented Architecture pattern.
- Supports applications with an understanding of system integration, test planning, scripting, and troubleshooting.
- Assesses the health and performance of web services, providing support activities for both production and test environments.
- Establishes, participates, and maintains relationships with business units, customers and subject matter experts in order to remain apprised of direction, project status, architectural and technology trends, risks, and functional/integration issues.
- Defines specifications and develop services, modifies existing services, engineer and prepare test data, and document functional specifications.
- Analyzes program and application performance using various programming languages, tools and techniques.
- Reviews project proposals, evaluates alternatives, provides estimates and makes recommendations.
- Designs and defines specifications for integration solutions, including services and change/updates to ETL jobs.
- Identifies potential process improvement areas and suggests options and recommends approaches.
- Take ownership of the delivery of features and capabilities throughout the development process
- Respond to internal requests as well as external customer requests pertaining to integration requirements.
- Troubleshoot issues with internal integration platforms using a combination of tools and domain knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a computing environment with multiple programming languages.
- Experience and exposure to the API Management Life cycle including design, development, security, governance, monitoring, alerting, and versioning
- Experience in API layer including security, custom analytics, throttling, caching, logging, monetization, request and response modifications etc.
- Experience using Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, or other processes.
- Technical toolbox should include:
- SQL Server
- FTP, ETL
- Azure Web Services
- Experience designing and developing REST API Services, including the migration of existing web services from SOAP to REST or vice-versa.
- Experience with Security frameworks (e.g., JWT, OATH2)
- Understanding of data warehousing and translation technology
- Proficient in SQL and Stored Procedures such as Oracle, MySQL
- Messaging technologies such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ and/or Azure Messaging Services.
- Experience or exposure to Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) practices, Test Driven Development (TDD), and Behavior Driven Development (BDD).
- Azure DevOps suite of development tools.
- Experience in creating REST API documentation using Swagger and YAML or similar tools desirable e.g. OpenAPI.
- Power user of MS Excel, MS Word, MS Visio and MS PowerPoint
- Exceptional research skills and resourcefulness
- Proven ability to lead diverse groups of resources to solution agreement by leveraging influencing skills to drive consensus
- Effective communication skills; listening, written and verbal; ability to communicate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders