Are you looking for a fun place to work with non micro management? This organization has grown by 50% year over year and continue to add to their growing staff. They have fun activities with great team building time!
The Software Engineer – API Developer is responsible for the maintenance and development of new software in a client/server environment, for the operations staff. This position will utilize the system development life cycle to ensure delivery of concise, well tested, well thought out, and usable projects completed in a timely manner.
What does this role do?
- Designs, develops, tests and deploys applications by writing new code and improving existing code ensuring applications work properly
- Creates and maintains database objects (SQL queries and stored procedures) in support of application development
- Provides support for design, development and implementation of application development projects
- Troubleshoots and debugs system inefficiencies
- Assists in maintaining databases accuracy and stability
- Identifies and troubleshoots issues with various sites or programming code and fix any resulting problems
- Secures applications against hacking vulnerabilities
- Maintains a high level of technical knowledge in all applicable programming languages and database formats
Who do you have a working relationship with?
- Regular contact with end users, business stakeholders and technology team members to actively soliciting feedback, comments and criticism to define and analyze requirements for enhancements and new product development
- Regular contact with development team regarding design sessions and code reviews
- Regular contact with internal/external clients regarding gathering information pertaining to request and ensuring solution provided meets needs
What skills are needed for this role?
- Knowledge of PC architecture and operations, operating systems, networking database management and development, as well as high level of programming knowledge
- Knowledge of the various stages of the software development life cycle, definition of solution architecture, detailed design, solution development, testing and deployment
- Knowledge and solid understanding of object oriented analysis, design and programming
- Knowledge of Salesforce preferred
Education and Experience needed:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or Information System Analysis required
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years of experience of ASP.NET Web API, Entity Framework, C#, Restful Services, Web Services, and SQL Server in an application development role required
- Experience in financial services or asset management industry preferred
Advantage Tech is proud to recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm and proud to have recently opened another branch in Omaha, , Nebraska. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.