Advantage Tech is looking for a Application Developer Manager for our Lenexa, KS Client.
For the Lead Infrastructure Engineer and Applications Development Services Manager positions, currently the mid-point for the range is $59-$60/hr.
The purpose of this position is to plan, coordinate, and supervise all activities related to the design, development, and implementation of organizational information systems and software applications. The Manager – Application Support Services is also responsible for coordinating activities for the maintenance, support and upgrades of existing systems and applications. This individual will apply proven vision, communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to guide the development team on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Identify and establish software development metrics used to track the efficiencies of development practices established with short-term and long-term goals and objectives that will be measurable and reported.
- Lead department’s operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Work with the database management team to assist in the design, development, integration and maintenance of existing applications, interfaces, database architecture, data layers and databases.
- Work with the PMO Department and business stakeholders to obtain business and systems requirements for new custom technology and system integration implementations.
- Plan, define, prioritize, and manage projects in coordination with the PMO Department.
- Stay current with the latest development tools and technologies.
- Coordinate data audits and quality control measures related to application development activities. Establish and implement policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure company’s data integrity and security.
- Maintain integration of all applications such as GIS, SAP, SCADA, Business Warehouse, etc. to improve the accuracy, reliability, and integrity of data and eliminate duplication of data.
- Ensure software and applications are up to date by working with vendors, IT Operations, and internal stakeholders by leading all testing of application modifications and upgrades.
- Coordinate with network engineers and other IT staff to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of all enterprise applications.
- Manage department staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, training, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Manage financial aspects of the department including purchasing, budgeting and budget review.
- Develop requests for quote or proposal utilizing the RFI, RFP and bid processes. Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Manage all application development resources including in-house application development team and external partners including strategic planning and development, agreements, relationship management, resource allocation and management, and optimizing utilization of both resource pools.
Strategy & Planning
- Develop, implement and adhere to SDLC for application development.
- Ensure that development projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Review and analyze existing application effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Manage the development and deployment of new applications, system integrations, systems software, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
- Research and make recommendations on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Coordinate feasibility studies for software and system products under consideration for purchase, and give advice based on findings.
- Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
- Manage and provide direction for the application development team in support of business operations.
- Identify and resolve program errors.
- Provide technical leadership to project managers and programmers working on development project teams.
- Design, develop, and test enhancements and upgrades to systems and application software.
- Liaise with network administrators and software engineers to assist with quality assurance, program logic, and data processing.
- Cultivate, disseminate, and enforce functional policies, procedures, and quality assurance best practices.
- Serve as a back-up for performance of the essential functions of the Information Technology Director, as applicable.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
These key core competencies are expected to be demonstrated by each employee:
- Communicates Effectively – Demonstrates ability to listen and express oneself effectively and shares information as appropriate for the position needed to perform the job effectively.
- Conscientiousness – Expresses the motivation to perform one's job in a careful, thorough way that adheres to the standards of honesty and integrity.
- Customer Focus – Demonstrates a concern for satisfying both internal and external customers and builds collaborative relationships with customers and stakeholders.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Demonstrates the ability to effectively coordinate with others to achieve goals and solve problems by maintaining flexibility and open mindedness.
- Problem Solving/Drive for Results – Demonstrates the ability to find solutions to complex problems and consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
In addition to organizational competencies, these key competencies are expected to be demonstrated by each employee in this position:
- Development & Continual Learning – Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement.
- Planning & Organizing – Coordinates ideas and resources to achieve goals in daily tasks.
- Teamwork – Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and encourages team unity through sharing, working together and putting team success first.
- Working Independently – Makes decisions in own area of responsibility, and takes initiative in identifying and completing tasks.
- Safety & Security Focus – Adheres to all workplace safety and security policies, standards, and practices.
In addition to the core and position competencies, these supervisor competencies are expected to be demonstrated by each employee in this position:
- Developing Others – Develops people to meet both their career and the organization's goals while creating trust and a positive work environment.
- Ensures Accountability and Manages People’s Performance – Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments, complete tasks, manage performance, and provide timely feedback to meet expectations.
- Strategic Mindset – Understands the business by using a strategic and global perspective to make complex decisions, explore innovative solutions, and build networks to make the big picture attainable.
GIS Developer/Sr. Developer
ERP Developers (3)
Development Lead/SharePoint Developer
Third Party Vendors
Required Education, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Five years of work experience in IT project management.
- Five years of experience in supervision of IT application development.
- Five years direct experience in software development and/or programming design and systems management.
- Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions.
- Direct, hands-on experience with automated software and system management tools.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and adhere to a departmental budget.
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.
- Knowledge of database design and file management techniques.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
- Advanced knowledge of security design best practices
- Knowledge of network hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Working knowledge of computer networks, servers, operating systems, and peripheral equipment, preferably in a Microsoft software environment.
- Advance Knowledge of ERP systems, ERP implementation and ERP development support.
- Advance knowledge of API’s and interface development for ERP systems
- Knowledge of GIS software capabilities and constraints.
- Experience in supporting Cloud Services Solution development in Azure and AWS.
- Experience in supporting SharePoint on-line development.
- Knowledge of public utilities.
- Management skills in directing, team building, and motivating, appraising, and training employees.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to lead in an assertive manner yet maintain flexibility and be of sound judgment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Preferred Education, Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of SAP ERP systems, especially integrating GIS/SAP data and processes.
- Knowledge of developing solutions and integrations on ESRI’s ArcGIS Platform
- Experience integrating data from multiple systems is a plus.
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.