Advantage Tech is looking for Technical Support Technician for a client of ours in Topeka, KS.
Brief Description of Job Duties:
This position is supervisory work in information systems analysis and application development. Work involves understanding, reviewing and evaluating the work of subordinates, implementing policies regarding budget, staffing levels, and quality standards. Ensures work standards are maintained. Defines and plans applications to meet project objectives. Performs as a first line supervisor responsible for the performance of subordinate employees and provides status reports on the activities of the assigned unit.
This position is responsible for providing strategic direction, supervision and management for the developers assigned to the team. This position is responsible for supervising the work of developers in information systems analysis and application development. It involves supervising staff, work planning and participating in the analysis, design, development, testing, debugging, documentation, maintenance of, and enhancements to the company's computer application systems, using software development life cycle and industry best practices.
These applications on are on multiple platforms, such as mainframe (CA Gen, COBOL), Java, .Net (Visual Basic, C#) and commercially off the shelf (COTS) packages.
Provide leadership, direction and guidance to associates in his/her area as needed.
Prepare reviews and evaluate work of subordinates and prepare HR performance reports.
Confer with and advise staff in administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities and methods.
Complete timesheets, update work plans and attend staff meetings.
Work with Director and enterprise architect to ensure that all development is in alignment with the strategic direction of the company.
- Communicate the Mission, Vision and Guiding Principles of the company
- Identify personal strengths and developmental needs to increase job performance and long-term career growth for themselves and their direct reports.
- Continually analyze work processes, seek new approaches and make recommendations to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of the agency.
- Work in a harmonious and cooperative fashion with other staff to provide efficient and effective customer service.
- Use free time as available to assist other staff in the completion of work assignments.
- Contributes to a positive work environment through a positive, helpful, courteous demeanor towards staff, clients, and the general public.
- Adheres to appropriate standards of conduct regarding the use of leave and reports to work on time.
- Provide management, strategic direction, and oversight for the assigned development team members.
- Directs and coordinates the work of the team and activities with other work units to integrate assigned information technology functions and programs.
- Work with company/department Directors and enterprise architect to ensure that all development services and projects are in alignment with the strategic direction of of the overall organization.
- Analysis of current and proposed development tools for replacement or purchase recommendation supplying clear and specific justifications to meet the strategic direction of the organization and business areas.
- Provide direction and guidance to associates in his/her area as needed and set out by policy from Human Resources Performance Management Process.
- Prepare reviews and evaluate work of subordinates and prepare HR performance reports.
- Confer with and advise staff in administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities and methods.
- Complete timesheets, update work plans, schedule and attend staff meetings.
- Knowledge and experience in application development and application development methodology through complete life cycles.
- Ability to deal effectively with the information technology needs of: IT technicians and development staff; business users; and, software vendor and management staff. – Strongly preferred
- Good organization and workload management skills. – Strongly preferred
- Effective written and oral communication skills in order to establish and maintain good rapport with agency staff for effective and timely problem identification, resolution and work efforts. Strongly preferred
- Experience working on small to medium projects or work efforts (1-6 months of effort). – optional
- Capability to work independently and effectively in complex environments
Knowledge and ability to utilize the current version of the following products:
- Microsoft Work, Excel and PowerPoint
- .Net (Visual Basic, C#), Java or other modern development languages
- SQL Database
- Windows Server OS, functions/commands
- SQL Management Studio
- SQL (language)
- Visual Studio
- Minimum three to five years’ work experience at an advanced level in programming, system/program analysis, systems/database design and experience leading medium to large work efforts and staff. Work experience in an Information Technology data processing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, and three years’ experience in information systems and analysis.
- Five years’ experience in information systems and analysis. Additional experience in the areas listed above may be substituted for the required education as determined relevant by the agency.
- Must maintain security clearance throughout employment.