- This position is responsible for ongoing improvement to the continuous delivery/deployment pipeline and configuration management for client’s consumer applications and platform.
- This position is also a key contributing member for support and maintenance of Client Intranet and Extranet applications.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- DevOps Improvements
- ?Development of increasingly automated procedures and best-practice implementation, including configuration as code, to continually improve consistency and velocity of deployments, environment builds, and issue resolution.
- Consumer Platform Operation
- ?Proactively monitored and managed platform systems that ensure maximum availability, performance, and accuracy to meet the needs of the business.
Communication to all levels of the business regarding the impact and root cause analysis of platform outages.?
Consumer Platform Support
?Timely, informative, and helpful response to internal and external customers' concerns and issues encountered within the digital consumer platform.
Escalation of discovered issues to Development for resolution or other business units for prioritization.
?Management of contract and lower-level positions within the team ensuring alignment with business needs and objectives.
Coordination with Project Management, Development, and Quality Assurance teams to prepare and execute continual deployments.?
- Configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Continuous integration/delivery tools (Jenkins, Octopus, etc.)
- Containerization (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Automation/scripting in a DevOps like role (PowerShell, Ruby, YAML, etc.)
- Application and Infrastructure monitoring (New Relic), System logging (Splunk), API testing (Postman and RunScope/Blazemeter).
- Tier 3 technical production support of end-user system issues
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Services, deployments, and containerization
- Querying back-end databases using SQL languages (Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle 10g/11g)
- Architecture and functionality of web-based systems
- Administering and troubleshooting Windows Server and IIS and hosted applications
- Patch management
Skills and Ability
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Must be able to communicate complex technical issues to all stakeholders, including those who do not have a technical background.
- Must be influential but able work effectively in a project team
- Must be comfortable communicating diplomatically with individual contributors and upper-management.
- Must be willing to identify and find the solutions to previously unknown issues.
- Must practice self-awareness and ask for assistance as needed.
- Analytical/Problem Solving
- Intellectual capacity and ability to gather, sort and analyze data and then develop logical conclusions; critical thinking skills
- Familiar with problem solving tools/techniques and able to communicate options, conclusions, and recommendations to both the business and the technology teams.
- Technical Leadership
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, and guidance in all areas of team responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, journalism, or computer science or equivalent. Necessary to develop self-direction, writing ability, critical thinking, and foundation of software implementation fundamentals.
- Possess or has made progress toward receiving Web technology certification.
- Minimum 5+ years experience.
- 5+ year’s management of technical/support personnel.
- 5+ years project management.
- 5+ years experience with managing CMS solutions
- Experience managing application implementation projects that have a budget of at least $500,000.