Application Architect and Engineer
About the Role
As an Application Architect and Engineer on the team, you will apply your well-rounded development skills and familiarity with Cloud technologies to run industry-leading applications. Along with Cloud Architects on the Core Squad, you will help ensure that the applications are secure, scalable, and resilient. Our team works on innovative new products, utilizing a modern development stack and the latest cloud technologies.
Your responsibilities include:
Alongside Front-End Developers, you will assist in development of Single-Page Applications (SPAs) using modern front-end frameworks, primarily Angular. Among other Full-Stack Developers, you will work on the containerized microservices. In collaboration with DevOps Engineers, you will participate in configuring CI/CD pipelines and performing application monitoring.
With the guidance/assistance of Architects on the Core Squad, this role will be primarily responsible for development of the core applications and services, including:
- Application development/refactoring in object-oriented language such as Java/C#.
- Application hosting on cloud compute services such as Azure App Service, Azure Functions and Azure Kubernetes Service.
- Asynchronous application development using messaging services like Azure Service Bus.
- Security development (utilizing modern authn/authz protocols such as OIDC & OAuth2 with Azure AD and Okta).
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in agile software engineering as a full-stack developer
- You have 2+ years of Cloud technology experience (Azure experience is preferred)
- You’ve mastered many technologies over your career and quickly pick up new ones when needed
- You have a strong understanding of developing applications for the public cloud
- You are highly proficient in modern programming languages and ORM frameworks
- Experience with container technologies is a big plus
- Good communication and people skills are important