Advantage Tech is looking for a Application Systems Engineer for our Lenexa, KS client.
The purpose of this position is to work directly with Application Systems Engineers, DBAs, Network and System Engineers, Developers, Business Analysts and Project Managers to provide expertise and administration for various enterprise applications, including installation, upgrades/patches, configuration, availability, recoverability, scalability, and security of new and existing applications
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Leads and/or contributes in the planning, design, implementation, patching and upgrading of enterprise systems.
- Defines, implements and maintains best practices for applications in the Company's enterprise.
- Creates, applies, and oversees application policies and procedures to ensure high security, availability, and recovery.
- Independently coordinates and resolves escalated system and application issues of enterprise applications.
- Monitors applications and systems to identify and resolve issues impacting performance and security.
- Analyzes existing applications and systems and recommends performance improvements, future enhancements, and alternative solutions.
- Works with vendors of COTS applications for implementation, problem resolution, and upgrades.
- Works with internal customers of applications for implementation, problem resolution, and upgrades.
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting to users and management on the status of technical implementations and resolutions.
- Performs and/or assists with user account creation and administration, recommendation and assignment of security roles and groups, and general administration of user accounts within the compliance of Information Technology standards.
- Creates, implements, and documents automated processes and jobs.
- Creates, assesses, and maintains system documentation including architecture, processes, data flow, security, etc.
- Provides recommendations for application software technology, existing and new.
- Provides technical resources for infrastructure, database, and application development teams.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or a related field, or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum five years of technical experience working in Information Technology with progressive technical experience and responsibilities across multiple specialties.
- Three years Applications Administration knowledge and experience.
- Experience with and knowledge of web services, security layers, cloud and on-premise application administration, backup administration, disaster recovery, and HA.
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, VMWare, Clustering, DMZs.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity, cloud-based solutions, networking concepts, database concepts – including SQL querying & reporting, and the installation and configuration of data access technologies for the server and client.
- Strong change management, documentation, complex problem solving, and technical skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to move between high level architecture review/design to solution level implementation and be able to create supporting documentation.
- Working knowledge of N-Tier Architecture, Web and Cloud Architecture.
- Demonstrates initiative, is self-motivated, and has sound judgment.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be well organized, creative, and detail oriented.
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must have excellent decision-making skills.
- Must have excellent business sense and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all user materials
- Professional certification in related field
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following: SAP Administration; ESRI ArcGIS Administration, ESRI geodatabases, and ArcGIS tools; Aveva Wonderware; or Microsoft Azure or other cloud-based solutions.
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.