Advantage Tech is looking for an Applications Developer for our remote client.
The Applications Developer assist in designing, developing, and implementing and supports development solutions to meet business needs. Works closely with the Team Lead and Senior Developer to develop solutions. Works closely with Information Services technical staff and the business staff to assist in the development of system solutions and plan training requirements for implementation.
•Consults with users and technical staff, determines needs, and designs development solutions. Assist in suggesting alternative approaches to fulfill user needs. Utilizes development methodology in assuring all enhancements are properly tested. Analyzes and monitors the resources required.
•Analyzes business processes, workflow, database requirements, and existing business application functionality to develop project programming estimates and development specifications.
•Responds to requests for data or for data analysis including reporting, normalization, field mapping, and duplicate record detection which may require using query languages such as SQL.
•Develops and maintains documentation of programs, user guides, policies and procedures. Assists with employee training on newly developed applications.
•Documents production application providing required information for other staff members which may include Computer Operations and Network Services staffs.
•Communicates project progress and status to Manager and the Development team members.
•Evaluates existing applications and systems. Recommends improvements or modifications utilizing current technologies and techniques.
•Follows team standards and processes during the development life-cycle. I.e. Code reviews, deployments, testing and code standards.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Requires four to six years of experience in technology development which may include using .NET, SQL Server and MS office products.
- Additional years of qualifying work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Requires effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to document analysis and design of procedures.
- Prefer two or more years of Web API, WCF or RESTful design using C#.
- Prefer experience is SSIS package development and design.
- Prefer experience in the SDLC process and documentation.