Advantage Tech is looking for an AS400 Programmer to work for their client based out of Kansas City, MO
• Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
• Lead large, complex IT programs and projects to achieve key business objectives
• Participate in the development of business strategy
• Solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
• Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
• Align technology solutions with business strategies, working primarily with senior management
• Develops, tests, and implements systems and programs within allocated budgets.
• Establishes good working relationships with user departments learning and understanding their business.
• Develops system/program specifications while providing maintainability and efficiency in the use of computer resources. Adheres to published systems and programming standards and guidelines.
• Investigates and analyzes existing situations, and proposes estimates for various phases of the project. Participate in informal feasibility studies as required for major projects.
• Develops clear program specifications.
• Investigates application maintenance problems and makes corrections as required to prevent reoccurrence.
• Provides systems support as required both during and after normal working hours.
• Continues to enhance technical skills through formal education, self-study, or the application of new technologies to business solutions.
• Communicates effectively with and updates senior IS personnel.
• Manage projects related to mainframe/AS400 needs and requests.
Skills & Knowledge: (when applicable)
• 12-15 years’ experience
• Position requires knowledge of mainframe and/or PC software development languages (e.g.,
RPGILE, JAVA, VB), AS/400, Windows 10 and Microsoft 365, client/server technology, and
database and software design methodologies, CL/CLP, External Printer file, INFOR
accounting systems, Turnover, Query 400 and DB2 database, IBMI Client Access Solutions
• Position applies technical aspects of application systems and programming and performs
complex analytical tasks.
• Position requires strong analytical, design, development and implementation skills along with
strong project management skill sets.
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Conceptual Thinking: Understanding how elements, problems, and situations are related to each other and to the larger environment.
- Analytical Skills: Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations for actions.
- Planning & Organization: Utilizing logical, systematic and orderly procedures to meet objectives.
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles or resistance.
- Continuous Learning: Taking initiative in learning and implementing new concepts, technologies and/or methods.
- Technical/Functional Expertise: Demonstrating broad, in-depth, and up-to-date knowledge of pertinent technical, business and professional fields.
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitment, producing timely work to required – or higher – standards, and pitching n to get the job done.
- Confidentiality: Handle highly confidential information and maintain the highest degree of professionalism.