Assistant Full Stack Developer
Advantage Tech is looking for an Assistant Full Stack Developer to join a client of ours located in Downtown Chicago. The Assistant Full Stack Developer will be tasked with executing projects and leading engineering teams to tackle key data-driven technology initiatives. This position will report to Innovation and Development Manager and will work collaboratively with the national Innovation & Development team.
We are looking for a highly skilled computer programmer who is comfortable with both front and back-end programming. Responsibilities include participating in user interviews, developing, and designing front end web user interfaces from a composable architecture, integrating existing data sets and models, developing and maintaining semantically driven object ontologies, and ensuring the responsiveness of applications, among other duties.
This position will be required to see out a project from conception to final product, requiring excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Participation in user interviews to understand technical and customer needs.
- Developing front end website architecture based on Palantir Foundry.
- Designing user interactions on web pages within Palantir Foundry Workshop.
- Developing back-end website code logic that leverages semantic object linking (ontologies) within Palantir Foundry Code Workbook and Ontology Manager.
- Creating servers, databases, and datasets for functionality as needed.
- Ensuring health of data connections and pipelines (utilizing filesystem, JDBC, SFTP, and webhook).
- Ensuring conformance with security protocols and markings on sensitive data sets.
- Ensuring responsiveness of web applications developed on low code/no code solutions.
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones.
- Seeing through projects from conception to finished product.
- Meeting both technical and customer needs.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- Lead other engineers to develop features on your projects.
- Degree in computer science preferred or equivalent experience required (1-3 relevant experience).
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Proficiency with low-code/no-code tools, Palantir Foundry experience preferred.
- Proficiency with server-side languages for structured data processing; Python, PySpark, Java, Apache Spark, and SparkSQL in particular.
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, and others.
- Familiarity with analytical tools for business intelligence and data science such as Power BI, Jupyter, and R Studio.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Team leadership experience preferred.
Physical: Must have the ability to use repetitive hand motion and the ability to grasp and type using general office equipment. Must be able to sit for long periods of time, talk, hear, walk, and stand. Ability to balance, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. Must be able to lift and or move up to 20 pounds.
Cognitive: Requires the ability to collect and analyze information to make decisions. Must have
the ability to exercise sound judgment and solve problems; the ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities; the ability to read; the ability to articulate and comfortable speaking in front of others; the ability to work under stressful situations, good cognitive skills, maintain work accuracy, and the ability to concentrate on more than one task at a time. Must have the ability to understand and apply written/verbal instructions.