Assistant Product Specialist
Advantage Tech is hiring! We are looking for a qualified candidate for our client that is based in Omaha, NE.
Job Title: Assistant Product Specialist
In this Assistant Product Specialist position, you’ll be an important part of the Inside Sales team, assisting customers with many of their day-to-day requests, including:
- Product parts and system quotes
- Following-up with customers regarding active quotations and existing orders
- Coordinating with the outside sales force on customer requests
- Working with Engineering to get new part numbers and products created based on customer specifications
You’ll also have the opportunity to show what you can do with longer-term projects in the areas of market research, product strategy, and promotion to help our business continue to grow. This is a multi-faceted position in a medium-sized organization, so you must be able to interact comfortably with other departments on a regular basis. Must be comfortable in a technical product setting.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- BA in Sales, Marketing or Business; or equivalent business experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Must type 50 WPM with 90% accuracy
- Ability to read and analyze business information
- Presentation and customer interaction skills
- Deal effectively with discounts, percentages, and proportions and currency conversion
The Assistant Product Specialist works with customers and prospects to determine customers’ requirements for their particular application(s) and develop appropriate product specifications, quotations, and solutions for assigned products – often under the direction of an Engineered Product Specialist. Works with Outside Sales and other departments to assure customer satisfaction with our work. Follows up on quotations to give the company the best chance of winning the business we quote.