Advantage Tech is looking for an Auditor.
At an advanced level of proficiency, this position performs individual internal audit projects and Sarbanes-Oxley testing as part of the total internal audit plan. This responsibility includes developing internal audit scope, developing and performing internal audit procedures, and preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed. Work performed includes coverage of functional and operating units, focusing on compliance and financial and operational processes. This position follows up on the status of outstanding internal audit and examination issues, assists the external auditors, and works on special projects as assigned by internal audit management. Audit procedures assigned are usually the most complex and require the exercise of professional judgment. This position may often direct and review the work performed by other internal audit personnel.
- Develops internal audit scope for assigned projects, including completing risk assessments to determine the focus of the audit and the testing procedures to be completed.
- Analyzes and documents the audit area by reviewing existing documentation or developing documentation, such as detailed narratives and flowcharts, applicable policies and procedures, business unit risk assessments, etc.
- Tests controls to ensure reliability and transparency of financial reporting, effectiveness and efficiency of operations, and compliance with applicable rules, regulations, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Reviews the work of other auditors.
- Communicates internal audit results to management and the Audit committee of the board of directors through meetings and internal audit reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Complete assigned audit procedures and Sarbanes-Oxley testing in a timely manner.
- Understand and document key internal controls, including the ability to discern strengths and weaknesses.
- Develop a working knowledge of all areas and the ability to develop a clear understanding of the key functional processes and resources.
- Maintain professional and courteous relationships with auditees and others.
- Communicate effectively in writing (emails, memos and audit reports) and in verbal communications (meetings with auditees and others).
- Work cooperatively with all members of the Internal Audit department.
- Protect business records created or used in business processes to ensure availability, confidentiality, integrity; and the retention and destruction of such as specified by relevant policies.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, ability to problem solve, memory for details, ability to prioritize, and ability to maintain concentrated mental and visual attention for sustained periods.
- Demonstrates a commitment to diversity and inclusion (D&I) by taking actions that are consistent with D&I program. Provides reporting to the Office of Minority and Women Inclusion (OMWI), as needed, as well as partners with OMWI to implement effective policies and procedures that incorporate D&I into business activities.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: 4 to 8 years of similar or related experience.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance (or equivalent work experience) is required. CPA or CIA professional certification is required.
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others. Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and auditing standards.
- Ability to work independently.
- Comprehensive knowledge and practical experience of internal control system processes and risk management methodologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Microsoft Office including Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Must be able to work and travel independently.
- Must be able to operate all types of general office equipment.
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.