Advantage Tech is looking for a BA/QA Analyst.
Applies technical and team leadership abilities in working closely with business clients and other members of the IT Solutions Delivery team in an iterative, Agile software development environment to define and clarify requirements, facilitate prioritizing requirements, configure packaged software products, test software and assist in resolving defects. The position will also serve as a technical subject matter expert on supported applications and assist in the training of end users on developed applications. Guidance and mentoring of other team members in Business Analysis and Quality Assurance areas of specialization (on-boarding, skill-building, automated testing, etc.) will also be provided.
- Play a primary role in the identification and management of business and system requirements through the project life-cycle and across single or multiple systems.
- Prepare test plans, scenarios, and test data and execute a variety of manual and/or automated test types.
- Configure packaged software products based on business and system requirements.
- Work with packaged software product vendors to troubleshoot, tune, and manage software environments.
- Assist with the installation of packaged software products in test and production environments.
- Participate in packaged software product upgrades and support.
- Actively participate in areas of BA/QA specialization (on-boarding, skill-building, automated testing, etc.)
- Identify, document, track, and assist in the resolution of defects in all testing stages.
- Work with project team to accurately estimate and prioritize project work.
- Report on project progress.
- Actively participate in process improvement initiatives.
- Assist users in resolving production problems and trains users in systems operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Independently, works closely with clients and other members of the development team and IT management, to understand the business domain and provide leadership in the performance of elicitation, review, analysis, documentation, modeling and prioritization of business and system requirements for existing and new business systems of moderate to extremely high complexity.
- Configure packaged software products based upon business requirements. May include:
- Designing and implementing graphical user interface (GUI) screens and application workflow.
- Writing basic to advanced (e.g. joins) SQL queries and updates.
- Designing, writing, and troubleshooting package-specific reports.
- Defining, designing, troubleshooting, tuning, and adjusting job/process scheduling and sequencing.
- Working with a significant degree of independent judgment:
- Identifies, tracks, and resolves project-related issues with project stakeholders.
- Drives prioritization of requirements by business value.
- Develops area of BA/QA Specialization for delivery to BA/QA team.
- Utilizing Agile best practices, readily brings new approaches into the requirements gathering and testing process, always identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Working independently and in a leadership role, is able to apply agile methods to:
- Creation of test plans
- Identify and develop necessary test data
- Assist in the creation of automated tests
- Execute manual and/or automated tests
- Identify, document, and communicate program defects
- Assist in defect resolution
- Work with product vendors to troubleshoot, tune and manage software environments.
- Assist with planning software upgrades and support including basic troubleshooting and vendor communication.
- Provides production support and troubleshooting on a broad number of systems. Assists the client with the training of end users and the preparation of training and operational support documentation. Provides strategic input on future direction of applications as necessary.
- Participates with project team in implementation and post-production support of applications.
- Actively identifies opportunities for process improvement and willingly assists or leads in the implementation.
- Supports other team members in championing and implementing process improvements.
- Actively work with teams in problem solving with focus on solutions and understanding the “big picture”.
- Comfortable with a degree of uncertainty and fast pace.
- Willingness to adapt to changing business and technical environments.
- Continuously expand skill set by learning new techniques. Share knowledge and experience with other members of the IT organization and business clients.
- Balance multiple tasks, priorities, and deadlines.
- Protect business records created or used in business processes to ensure availability, confidentiality, integrity; and the retention and destruction of such as specified by relevant policies.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, ability to problem solve, memory for details, ability to prioritize, and ability to maintain concentrated mental and visual attention for sustained periods.
- Demonstrates a commitment to diversity and inclusion (D&I) by taking actions that are consistent with D&I program. Provides reporting to the Office of Minority and Women Inclusion (OMWI), as needed, as well as partners with OMWI to implement effective policies and procedures that incorporate D&I into business activities.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Advanced level of competency with five to seven years of similar or related professional experience.
Education: Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience.
Interpersonal Skills: A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
- Three to five years of general financial experience comprising a combination of education and hands-on experience is preferred. (Experience may be in operational or information technology aspects of the financial sector).
- Ability to think orderly, logically, and analytically and strong problem-solving skills.
- Resourcefulness and creativity when researching new products and techniques.
- Intermediate understanding of Microsoft Office is required. (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Familiarity with test automation concepts and tools is preferred.
- Significant experience with Agile development methods is required.
- Advanced understanding of some combination of database design, programming concepts and web development is required.
- Advanced understanding of testing concepts and tools is required.
- Advanced understanding of business analysis is required.
- Demonstrated ability in area of specialization is required.
- Demonstrated ability in database querying methods is required.
- Must be able to work and travel independently and use general office equipment.
- Must be goal-oriented and have a strong sense of team solidarity.