Advantage Tech is recruiting for a BIM Technician to work for their client based out of Kansas City, Mo.
The BIM Technician will assist the Applications and Technology Administrators by serving as a regional resource to our professional staff during all phases of our projects. The BIM Technician will monitor the progress of BIM workflows between project teams, our clients, our consultants and contractors. The top priority of the BIM Technician is to ensure that our project teams are operating at maximum efficiency, as this relates to the utilization of BIM and the tools associated with the BIM process.
- Project support managing various BIM models and the execution of company standards and practices associated with the model.
- Monitor BIM Execution activities on various project teams to ensure a consistent deliverable.
- Assist in creation and organization of in-house Revit families, content, and processes.
- Over the shoulder training of employees to use Revit & other design software for the Americas region.
- Technical support for design related to software & hardware issues.
- Document day to day support issues to be shared with other client support teams and offices.
- Assisting Application & Technology Group in initializing new software releases.
- Work closely with the Team of BIM Technicians to manage BIM activities and proactively work together to implement strategies to improve our BIM deliverables.
- Some limited travel may be required.
Experience / Skills:
- BS in Drafting/Design Technology or related degree
- Understanding of Autodesk software packages
- A working knowledge of Revit Architecture
- Strong understanding of software user configurations and standards development
- Strong communication skills
- An understanding of the architectural process
- Able to work individually with limited oversight, and as part of the team as well.
- Able to understand and prioritize tasks.