Advantage Tech seeks a Bookkeeper for a North Kansas City company.
This position exists for the purpose of completing and recording daily business transactions and maintaining accurate financial records of the company.
- Uncompromisable commitment to diligently safeguard confidential company, employee, and customer information.
- Solid understanding of general accounting concepts and workflows including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and General Ledger.
- Proficient at understanding and applying math as it relates to accounting.
- Experience using business accounting software (Event 1 Software uses Intuit Quick Books Pro)
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office applications and use of the Internet.
- Task focused, driven to track and follow through on tasks and adhere to deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-organized and able to effectively apply organization when and where needed.
- Able to work with and interact with a variety of personalities across various departments in the company.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid work ethic and commitment to maintaining a dependable schedule.
Specific Tasks & Duties
- Accounts Receivable & Order Processing
- Process sales orders received daily from OEM partners, resellers, and customers by completing invoicing in the accounting system and then carrying out tasks related to order fulfillment.
- Preparation of monthly invoices to customers for annual renewal of service plans.
- Preparation of invoices related to service work and projects for customers.
- Application of payments received from OEM partners, resellers, and customers, including the completion of related fulfillment steps.
- Periodic follow-up on outstanding receivables.
- Accounts Payable
- Entry and tracking of vendor and subcontractor bills for payment.
- Payment of vendor and subcontractor bills based on payment terms and approval process.
- Enter and reconcile company credit card transactions and follow-up with card holders on any missing receipts.
- Entry of semi-monthly payroll data for processing by 3rd party payroll service provider.
- Payment (or transfer of funds) related to payroll.
- Payment of quarterly estimated taxes based on amounts provided by company tax preparer.
- Interaction with company tax preparer to provide information necessary for preparation of corporate tax returns.
- Monthly reconciliation of company bank accounts.
- Periodic transfer of funds between company accounts as needed.
- Produce and provide periodic reports to management.