Advantage Tech is looking for a Build and Release Engineer for our Lee's Summit client.
Build and Release Engineer, will be responsible for managing the Git environment. This individual will oversee all activities within the environment to manage source code repositories and engineer automated software deliveries.
- Develops and maintains documentation of programs, user guides, policies and procedures.
- Support the daily build and release needs of agile scrum teams.
- Coordinate with application deployment team on production deployments.
- Responsible for the continual automation, integration, and optimization of software build and deployment system.
- Consistently and proactively look for opportunities to automate to improve systems performance.
- Make recommendations to upper management and lead full rollout and proper transition to operation teams.
- Collect and Maintain Metrics for success for deployments to measure value
- Maintain code branches and perform integrations across branches using Azure DevOps and Git. Understands different branching strategies.
- Automate and drive efficiencies in build and release management.
- Investigating tools and processes and integrating them so that they can improve the reliability, stability and efficiency with which the build and release happens.
- Working closely with the development and Operations Support team to integrate new deployment processes and strategies to meet the new feature requirements.
- Creates both operational and executive dashboards to record and report on key metrics within the organization.
- Documents production application providing required information for Computer Operations and Network Services staffs.
- Conducts complex work important to the organization.
- Works under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment
- Must have ability to effectively maintain focus and productivity while working on multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision and guidance
- Must maintain knowledge of current and upcoming technologies
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Prefers 3+ years of experience in Git and Azure DevOps.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree (120 credit hours) in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Telecommunications, or qualified technology certifications in network, systems, or other related certifications.
- Additional years of qualifying work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Proficient in Powershell or similar scripting tools, MS Build, Nuget packages.
- Prefer additional experience deploying to Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with build and continuous integration systems
- Experience of working with code repositories like TFS, SVN, Git & automation of configuration management tasks, along with other tools/applications like JIRA, Confluence, Team City/Jenkins, Fish Eye etc.
- Knowledge of .NET architecture, web apps, web services, and web configurations.
- Demonstrated expertise in customization of Git/DevOps Work Items Types, Process Templates, Work Areas and Iterations.?
- Ability to effectively maintain focus and productivity while working on multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision and guidance.
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.