Advantage Tech is looking for an Software Engineer Build and Release for our client in Lenexa, KS. Our Client is actively seeking a dedicated and highly motivated team-oriented person to fill the role of a build and release engineer supporting our software engineering and testing teams. This hands-on and highly technical role will focus on managing the software build process, providing oversight for build/test environments, developing and supporting testing tools and status dashboards, influencing and shaping our continuous integration process, and ensuring our weekly release process is successful. This role is a critical component of our engineering and testing process providing enhancement of the company’s superior technology and ensuring industry leading performance.
The responsibility of the Build and Release Engineer will include oversight of the build process through automated scripts and source code management tools. Responsibilities will extend to the configuration and maintenance of test tools and environments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related field.
- Experience with Unix/Linux hardware/software engineering environments and applicable Unix/shell scripting.
- Experience with version control tools such as Git (preferred), Subversion, or other version control tools.
- Python development or scripting experience or a working knowledge of another dynamic scripting language and a willingness to learn Python.
- Understanding of database platforms such as: PostgreSQL (preferred), MySQL, or Oracle. A working knowledge of SQL is necessary.
- Knowledge of and experience with build tools such as Ant, Maven, or CMake.
- Experience working in a continuous integration environment and with tools such as Jenkins or Bamboo.
- Experience with the Atlassian tool set is a plus.
- Ability to create and maintain scripts to support testing and build activities.
- Working knowledge of Linux system administration.
The successful candidate will have excellent analytical skills, an exacting attention to detail, and an ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively within a cross functional team environment.
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our clients. Advantage Tech’s customized recruiting model enables us to place consultants locally and nationally. Our clients want the best candidate at the most reasonable rate within a set timeframe; that’s precisely what we provide them. We go even further. Our consultant retention program gives our clients the added comfort our people will perform well and finish the project.
Please visit advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities