Advantage Tech is searching for a Business Systems Developer (SalesForce) to join their client's team, based out of Blue Springs, MO.
Provides user application support for one or more specified business systems application. Performs maintenance and system administrative tasks for those systems. Monitors error logs, manages security, maintains and updates data tables as well as other daily administrative tasks. Works collaboratively with technical staff, outside consultants, product vendors, and internal business experts to enhance and maintain the infrastructure architecture & business functionality of assigned systems. Maintains development and production environments, supports development activities and provides implementation support ensuring that results meet established needs, goals and timelines. Configures application, sets up rules, establishes workflow, and customizes the user interfaces. Provides user and configuration back-up support for the client's local and global environments and technical, administrative, programming/development and user support in assigned application areas.
- Applies broad technical knowledge and skills to develop, implement and improve specified business processes and software solutions in support of the client's goals and initiatives.
- Participates as programmer in the design/analysis/implementation of program fixes, upgrades of new or existing applications, new functionality, and project work.
- Administers systems by configuring application components, security and configuration files.
- Responsible for migration of software solutions between development, test and production environments.
- Troubleshoots and repairs system or processes by monitoring user request as well as system performance and event logs.
- Works closely with business leaders, process owners, and subject matter experts to define, document, and improve business requirements, business processes, data, and integration requirements.
- Works within the defined guidelines and project scope to lead the creation of deliverables, spanning from process to system design elements with an emphasis on functional and technical design.
- Provides front-line support (Client expert in assigned area) to user community for problems with software applications associated with the assigned Business Systems environment.
- Works with SME to develop training materials and assists with training end users.
- Understands underlying data and business processes to develop and support a variety of reporting requirements and formats for all levels of the organization.
- Supports security administration for the assigned business application(s) environment as required.
- Seeks out, investigates and recommends improvement opportunities that will support business goals.
- Maintains excellent rapport with clients while attempting to resolve their support requests.
- Responds to on-call emergencies and scheduled after hour efforts as needed.
- Effectively communicates to manager and senior staff the current status of activities, successes and issues.
- Pursues formal and informal program of continuing education to gain knowledge of new developments and sharpen skills in core applications and technologies.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all information processed.
Subject Matter Expertise. Analytical. Confidentiality. Initiative. Independent Judgement. Computer Applications. Troubleshooting. Technical. Project Management. Collaboration. Problem Solving. Process Oriented. Critical Thinking. Effective Verbal and Written Communication. Detail Oriented. Self-Motivated. Organization.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years or more of experience in programming in specified language and systems analysis.
- Must have good business sense and awareness of business life cycles and processes from start to finish.
- Effective interpersonal skills with peers, management and customers. Able to work effectively with cross functional groups and to facilitate or participate in the problem solving process.
- Working knowledge of assigned application software.
- Must be able to carry out projects with minimum direction.
- Must be able to interpret and explain complex technology and business issues to the technical, general user, management, and executive levels.
- Working experience in a global and/or manufacturing company.