Advantage Tech is looking for a Citrix Engineer. This is with a client of ours that is based out of Overland Park, KS.
Performs tasks associated with installing, configuring, and maintaining computer and/or network operating systems, systems software, and related hardware under guidance of senior staff. Develops and implements technical knowledge to meet the needs of the team and organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides support and ensures reliability of deployed technologies, systems and processes according to established procedures and industry best practices.
- Troubleshoots, analyzes, monitors and reviews records and reports of production, application, and system failures.
- Responsible for monitoring performance and maintaining system stability.
- Responsible for maintaining and enhancing accurate documentation steps for installation, maintenance and configuration activities. Maintains platform related inventory and other hardware/software/license tracing documentation.
- Manages team and small cross functional/departmental projects. Coordinates the successful execution of project activities. Assists and develops project presentation. Presents project presentation to technical groups.
- Provides knowledge, training and solution sets to first level support teams to improve first call resolution and increase customer satisfaction. Reviews issues to identify trends and make recommendations for improvement.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
5-7 years of relevant in depth technical knowledge in Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop platforms in a medium to large sized enterprise.
5-7 years of relevant in depth technical knowledge in VMware Data Center & Cloud Infrastructure, VMware Storage & Availability, VMware Cloud Management Platform, including ESXi, vCenter, SRM, DRS, Horizon View, Workspace One, App Volumes, vRealize Automation, Orchestrator, and vROPs in a medium to large sized enterprise.
5-7 years of relevant in depth technical knowledge in Windows Failover Clustering Services for File and Print services and SQL Server including SQL Always On in a medium to large sized enterprise.
3-5 years of working within an ITIL Organization
Understanding of enterprise level change management
Demonstrated experience in leading small project teams.
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.