The Cloud Platform Developer/Architect plays a pivotal role in the clients ongoing digital transformation. They are responsible for envisioning, creating and continually improving the cloud platform foundations that our teams build upon. Cloud Platform Developers/Architects work closely with development and operations teams to create and evolve the cutting-edge tools that leverage PaaS features of the cloud, manage the deployment of cloud-native apps and the continuous delivery pipelines that support them.
- Ability to design and implement cloud platform environments (PaaS) in Azure such as App Service Environments v2, Azure Websites, and Azure Functions to solve current challenges, as well as creating future opportunities.
- Release Management and automated deployment to Azure cloud services.
- Help establish and maintain the vision and roadmap for cloud platform.
- Provide forward-thinking technology leadership in developing innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on continual improvement in automating our infrastructure and software release processes.
- Provide governance for our Azure IaaS and PaaS environments.
- Stay current with cloud technology and trends and optimize our cloud infrastructure
- Help design disaster recovery and/or comprehensive redundancy for PaaS applications
- Work with other Architects and Data Center Operations on the design of new application architecture opportunities ensuring automation and DevOps is a top priority in the release and deployment cycle
- Facilitate proper integration between custom built in-house applications and purchased software.
- Mentor junior technology team members in best practices, technical options, and expediting technical solutions.
- Ability to lead, influence and motivate the organization to achieve results
- Document and communicate complex concepts effectively to a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Azure Governance including Policies, Management Groups, resource tagging strategies
- Identity Management: Azure AD and experience implementing RBAC and SSO in Azure
- Cost management and reporting including experience setting up show-back and cost forecasting
- Azure App Service Environments, App Service Plans
- Azure networking (Vnets, Express Routes)
- Serverless compute including Functions and Logic Apps
- Azure DevOps (formerly VSTS) CI/CD experience.
- ARM templates, powershell, Azure CLI
- Azure monitoring, creating dashboards for various stakeholders, enabling the right level of observability into cloud applications
- Experience with Terraform or Ansible
- Experience creating true Infrastructure as Code CD pipelines that automate production deployments
- Experience with Canary, Blue/Green deployment techniques
- Experience with event-driven architectures
- Azure Data Lake/Databricks experience
- ML/Cognitive services
- Service Fabric
- Azure API gateway/manager, Event Grid
- Disaster recovery architecture