The Cloud Platform Developer/Architect plays a pivotal role in digital transformation. They are responsible for envisioning, creating and continually improving the cloud platform foundations that our teams build upon. Cloud Platform Developers/Architects work closely with development and operations teams to create and evolve the cutting-edge tools that leverage PaaS features of the cloud, manage the deployment of cloud-native apps and the continuous delivery pipelines that support them.
- Ability to design and implement cloud platform environments (PaaS) in Azure such as App Service Environments v2, Azure Websites, and Azure Functions to solve current challenges, as well as creating future opportunities.
- Release Management and automated deployment to Azure cloud services.
- Help establish and maintain the vision and roadmap for their cloud platform.
- Provide forward-thinking technology leadership in developing innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on continual improvement in automating our infrastructure and software release processes.
- Provide governance for our Azure IaaS and PaaS environments.
- Stay current with cloud technology and trends and optimize our cloud infrastructure for their revolving needs.
- Help design disaster recovery and/or comprehensive redundancy for PaaS applications
- Work with other Architects and Data Center Operations on the design of new application architecture opportunities ensuring automation and DevOps is a top priority in the release and deployment cycle
- Facilitate proper integration between custom built in-house applications and purchased software.
- Mentor junior technology team members in best practices, technical options, and expediting technical solutions.
- Ability to lead, influence and motivate the organization to achieve results
- Document and communicate complex concepts effectively to a diverse group of stakeholders.
Qualifications and Technical/Professional Skills:
- Leverage knowledge of the intricacies of Microsoft Cloud PaaS components like App Service Environments, App Service Plans, Serverless Computing, etc. and architect an infrastructure solution to ensure interoperability between these components
- 5+ years of software development experience, preferably including .NET. Experience in writing 12 -factor, cloud-native applications.
- 2+ years of experience with release automation tools such as Visual Studio Team Services, Azure Devops, Azure Automation, and related tools and Azure Resource Manager Templates.
- 3+ years’ experience designing, developing, implementing and operating cloud infrastructure environments of significant complexity in one of the three major cloud providers: Azure, AWS or GCP.
- Understanding of Continuous Delivery and DevOps principles and techniques such as Blue/Green deployments, rolling deployments, etc. and experience implementing them in a cloud environment
- Familiarity with Agile development principles
- Previous experience aligning technology roadmaps with business goals and initiatives.
- Proven ability to develop great relationships with co-workers, credibility with leadership, and rapport for getting things done with stakeholders.
- Experience selecting technology solutions that meet requirements, are cost-conscious, and align with Kiewit's technology goals and roadmap.
- Experience with multiple relational and NO SQL databases
- Ability to set technical direction for a project or application
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- B.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or MIS a plus
- Microsoft Azure certifications a plus