A career with our client is an opportunity for you to join a rapidly expanding company committed to making a difference for seniors and their families. Our client is an online platform connecting families searching for senior care services with a team of experienced advisors providing in sight-driven and personalized solutions. Their mission, as the leader in senior care advisory, is to be a trusted destination for families and their community customers. They are a quickly growing organization with over 500 advisors connecting more than 300K families every year to one of their community customers.
Living by their values and working to achieve excellence on behalf of their customers is integral to success at our client. Employees who thrive at our client live their values every day and are an important part of their hiring practices:
- Focus on Excellence
- Act with Integrity & Assume Positive Intent
- Drive Outcomes Every Day with Passion and A Sense of Mission
- Make the Lives of our Families and Customers Better, Easier and More Successful
- Realize the Full Potential in Each Team Member. Work as a Single Supportive Team
Our client employees over 850 people nationwide with plans to continue to expand into the future. They offer competitive compensation and benefit packages along with Paid time off, paid holidays and 401K with a match. They are committed to their employee’s career development, growth and promotion within the organization.
If you are a results oriented, passionate and collaborative team player looking for a company with a bright future they would love to talk to you.
Based in Kansas City, the Acquisitions Account Manager (AAM) will play a pivotal role in supporting the success of their Senior Living Advisors, helping to ensure they have the necessary customer communities to assist families with their senior housing search. Customer communities include a variety of senior living providers, such as assisted living, memory care, independent living and retirement communities.
Who you are:
The Acquisitions Account Manager (AAM) is a business development representative responsible for adding to the network of communities that partner with our client. AAMs nurture and develop relationships with key decision makers at senior living communities and educate them about the value of working with their company.
What you will do:
- Create a strategic sales plan and presentation to increase the customer base of assisted living, memory care, and retirement communities that work with our client
- Ability to define strategies for both long-term success and day-to-day tactics that will drive results.
- Establish and maintain relationships with potential community customers.
- Educate potential communities on their values, processes, services and offerings.
- Sign on highly-targeted communities that meet our client’s customer qualifications and regulatory requirements.
- Meet or exceed weekly Key Performance Indicators and quarterly goals.
- Keep in excellent communication with Manager, Onboarding and Senior Living Advisors.
- Prepare reports of weekly accomplishments.
- Occasional travel required.
Required Skills and Competencies
- 3+ years of sales experience, preferably in the senior care or housing industry.
- A high level of enthusiasm for establishing and building relationships over the phone.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple responsibilities, while meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Appropriately, professionally, and respectfully communicate with executives via phone and email.
- Able to properly and accurately enter data into CRM tools.
- Ability to exercise discretion and make sound independent decisions within general policy, procedural and legal guidelines.
- Proven ability to develop, establish, nurture, maintain, and foster positive, harmonious quality working relationships.
- Ability to deliver results while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in a metrics driven environment required.
- Strong computer skills necessary, including Microsoft and Google suites.
- Ability to understand, explain and apply applicable laws, codes, regulations, and standards.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.