Advantage Tech is looking for a Compliance Tester for our remote client in Missouri.
We are seeking a Section 508 Compliance Tester to join our team and assist with functions of front end 508 compliant software design, coding, and testing. The Section 508 Compliance tester will work side-by-side with technical staff to ensure several applications meet IRS Section 508 Compliance guidelines.
To ensure success, the Section 508 Compliance Test Engineer should have working knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), 508 testing software, the ability to learn new technology quickly, and the ability to work in a team environment.
· Write and execute comprehensive 508 compliance test plans, test cases, and test scripts for web, mobile and software applications in adherence to IRS Section 508 testing standards and policies.
· Design and execute comprehensive accessibility web testing by using a broad range of tools, including but not limited to Web accessibility tool bar (WAT), Axe, FireEyes, JAWS, NVDA, WAVE, ZoomText, WindowEyes, Dragon Naturally Speaking.
· Create accessible documents using standard software such as Adobe Professional, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point, and Microsoft Excel.
· Prepare, test, and analyze documents to ensure compliance with Section 508 requirements.
· Log and monitor defects using defect tracking and reporting tool tracking issues to closure with the system owner.
· Work with UI/UX Teams to validate designs for 508 compliance and provide recommendations for ensuring 508 compliant designs as needed.
· Work with development teams on remediations and recommendations for compliance.
· Routinely communicates status to project manager, manager and project team.
· Advise/consult with the client on best practices and solutions to enhance 508 compliance implementations across the program.
· Estimates the 508 compliance testing activities of large, highly visible and/or highly complex projects and coordinates and controls the testing activities associated.
· Provides training mentoring and coaching of current 508 testing methodologies and approaches to other QA team members.
· Identifies, documents, and monitors project 508 compliance testing risks, including the development of contingency plans and the escalation of major risks and issues.
· Assists with the creation of metrics that will quantify and provide objective observations for 508 compliance.
· Stay current on Section 508 policy and federal agency accessibility checklists.
· Develops and maintains strong relationships with Management, peers, vendors and business stakeholders through interpersonal and written communication skills.
· Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration.
- Requires five (5) or more years of testing experience.
- Requires two (2) years or more of experience with hands on 508 testing of web applications
- Additional years of direct experience demonstrating proficiency in a test environment may be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Strong experience in understanding and using assistive technology tools like screen reader software, screen magnification software, or voice recognition software.
- Strong understanding of Section 508 standards and requirements and how they are integrated into the product development life cycle
- Requires effective leadership, verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Requires ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Incumbent is required to obtain knowledge of Affirmative Action policy and make decisions regarding employment, promotion, and termination of employees that comply with its principles.