Advantage Tech is looking for a Computer Operator.
Summary of Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring batch jobs and responding to job failures/abnormalities. Ensuring minimal downtime of daily batch jobs. Addressing job failures/anomalies as instructed in the knowledge base and/or communicating abnormalities to relevant on-call parties.
- Creating and documenting various incidents and communicating info about incidents to relevant parties
- Monitoring server health and responding to various alerts for servers/applications/middleware as instructed in knowledge base documentation
- Providing technical support via phone after normal business hours and as needed during the business day.
- Network security monitoring primarily outside normal business hours. Responsibilities include, but not limited to network security analysis, monitoring and incident response.
- Monitoring the health of the network, performing initial triage, coordinating with different parties, and dispatch and provide break/fix action to resolve network events and issues reported via alarming tools or by customers
- Clear and professional communication with numerous individuals both inside and outside the company
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Security+ and/or Net+ certifications preferred
- 1-2 years in technical support, NOC and/or SOC experience strongly preferred
- HS diploma required, bachelor’s degree in IT related field of study preferred
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Required:
- Multitasking and ability to work well in high-pressure situations
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- willingness to learn new technical skills and adapt to changes in job role as needs of the company dictate
·Intermediate knowledge of MS Office applications
·Scripting experience a plus, especially Powershell scripting
·Experience with Systems enterprise monitoring tools (server monitoring, endpoint monitoring, IDS/IPS, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems)
·Familiarity with the principals of network and endpoint security, current threat and attack trends, and have a working knowledge of security principals such as defense in depth.
·Willing and able to work non-standard work shifts, including evenings, overnight, holidays, and weekends
·Self-motivated; able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.