ATI is looking for a Controller to join a growing company in the KC area.
Perform daily accounting tasks that will support home building business. Maintain organized and professional records following company accounting processes that helps the company accomplish its goals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent company in a positive and professional manner in and outside of company.
- Assist Accounting Director with processes to support various building projects which include but not limited to:
- Preparation of weekly bank draws for construction loans. Includes receiving and tracking purchase orders and invoices and ensuring alignment with project budgets.
- Processing of invoices and bank draws into accounting software, coding to general ledger accounts and preparing check payments to contractors and vendors.
- Data entry, vendor management, and processing of purchase orders in construction management software.
- Ensure all contractor and vendor paperwork is up to date (i.e. contract, Form W-9, and certificates of insurance). Maintain these records in an organized manner.
- Facilitate monthly bank account reconciliations.
- Prepare documents and perform other office duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS:
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of computer systems. Specific working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- General bookkeeping knowledge and familiarity with the current accounting system (Quickbooks) a plus.
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy of information.
- Motivated, self-directed and can operate within proper guidelines.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to work with staff, vendors, and trade partners.
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Be open and prepared to grow professionally within the team as well as the overall company.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Work in temperature controlled environment.
- Vision for near, mid-range, far and accommodation. Hearing for low, medium, and high pitch.
- Effective communication skills when dealing with co-workers, trade partners, and home owners.
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head and below waist.
- Must be able to perform all job expectations safely with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to lift 30-50 pounds.