Advantage Tech is looking for a Convered Platform Manager for our Kansas City, MO Client.
This is a management position within MIS area. Will communicate effectively with associates, peers & primary customers (business units or other MIS teams). Will have the ability to manage & maintain emotions & respond to difficult & challenging situations without emotional reactions. Other responsibilities may include: focusing on associate management & development; introduction to a competency-based management program; coaching, listening & providing timely feedback to your associates; interviewing candidates & participating with hiring decisions; understanding & having the ability to execute towards a technology strategy; having the ability to set challenging yet attainable goals for associates; requesting, managing & monitoring work efforts; understanding current processes & promoting adherence; recognizing ambiguity; ensuring compliance with all software licensing agreements; having budgetary awareness & understands lights-on, non-discretionary & discretionary work; actively managing load & resource planning; having the ability to manage projects & work efforts to a Service Delivery LifeCycle process (SDLC); having the ability to understand risk & impact to the business. Other duties as assigned.
– Solid understanding of Converged and Hyper-Converge Infrastructure including previous experience in supporting or managing converged infrastructure, virtualization technologies (server and desktop), and storage platforms.
– Experienced in gathering requirements, architecture review, system design input and implementation of enterprise class solutions.
– Proven ability to handle multiple, complex technical and business projects.
– Demonstrated experience in enterprise level operational support and systems management, including after hours on call personnel/escalations within the positions areas of responsibility.
– Experience in supporting or managing enterprise class storage arrays and object based storage platforms.
– Experience in leading and managing projects within areas of responsibility.
– Comfortable in presenting material to other managers, stakeholders and customers as needed.
– Experience in Audit and Regulatory Compliance for areas of control.
– Experience with the following technologies:
– VMWare based solutions
– Citrix based solutions (i.e. XenDesktop, XenApp)
– Hitachi Storage Solutions (i.e. Dell/EMC Storage solutions)
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.