Advantage Tech is searching for a Corporate Controller to work with their client based out of Blue Springs, MO
The Corporate Controller is responsible for providing direct leadership to the Corporate Accounting and Corporate Accounts Payable teams as well as leading and coordinating the accounting, reporting and control activities at all subsidiaries. This role will be focused on timely and accurate execution of accounting activities, the integrity of key processes and reported results, the execution of the annual tax preparation cycle, the accounting and reporting for the Company’s benefit plans, and leading continuous improvement in these activities.
- Provides direct leadership to the Corporate Accounting and Accounts Payable teams including establishing appropriate goals and objectives, providing timely performance feedback, and leading continuous growth and development for the employees
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of the month-end close, consolidation, and reporting process
- Analyzes accounting and financial information and leads the development of appropriate external and management reporting
- Supports the Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis team in the development of annual operating plans and forecasts, and the analysis of actual results
- Ensures accounting and control objectives are met for the Company’s key transactional and reporting processes
- Ensures adequate internal controls exist in global financial processes and leads initiatives to document and improve internal controls Leads the timing and execution of the annual external audit and ensures timely completion of the audit and issuance of the consolidated financial statements
- Collaborates with global subsidiaries on statutory reporting including trial balance reconciliation, disclosures and preparation of supporting documentation
- Ensures appropriate accounting and reporting for the Company’s benefit plans including external audits and regulatory filings
- Establishes and administers processes for the appropriate documentation and review of month-end journal entries, consolidation entries and account reconciliations
- Leads initiatives to establish appropriate monthly reviews of subsidiary financial results and key balance sheet accounts including leading reconciliation and settlement of inter-company balances
- Leads the implementation of new accounting standards
- Leads the execution of the Company’s transfer pricing strategy including analysis of pricing levels and maintenance of contemporaneous documentation
- Leads a culture of continuous improvement in the Corporate Accounting functions including assessments of processes and technology
- Leads the compilation and preparation of accounting information provided to the Company’s external tax return preparers. Develops appropriate documentation and support for critical tax treatments and advises management on opportunities for tax savings
- Collaborates with other client functions to ensure the integrity of the client’s accounting records and processes
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Licensed CPA. Seven plus years of progressive experience in public accounting, corporate accounting, or internal audit, along with three – five plus years effectively managing and leading a team of accounting professionals. Strong knowledge of GAAP. Familiarity with federal, state and local tax regulations. Strong interpersonal, analytical, management, communication, and leadership skills. Sound judgment, creativity, and strong powers of persuasion.
Preferred: Master’s degree in accounting, business, or a related field. Experience in a manufacturing company. Experience working in a multi-national organization including foreign currency translation. Experience working in a public accounting firm.