Advantage Tech is seeking a Credit and Risk Manager to join their Overland Park based client. This position will manage a team and assist in the oversight of the credit review process of prospective applicants (clients, merchants & customers) for creditworthiness and overall risk.
The duties will require leadership skills, development of new or improved strategies to improve efficiencies in the Underwriting process, critical use of various commercial data sources, analysis of financial statements and other information, and obtaining security documents as appropriate. Also, he/she will assist in overseeing and maintaining an organized proper retention of supporting documents for research and findings related to Credit & Risk group, job duties and applications. The role also is responsible for assisting in developing and implementing sound policy and procedures of the credit review process including providing input to strategic decisions that directly affect the functional area of responsibility.
- Manage a staff of Underwriters.
- Assist in managing, directing and leading the Credit & Risk Team and coordinate Special Projects relating to functional area of expertise as assigned.
- Direct and develop new strategies to enhance Credit & Risk policies and procedures
- Provide subject matter expertise and support to the Director, Risk Management and Senior Leadership
- Assist in effectively managing, coaching, mentoring, collaborating and training Credit Analyst’s and assist in the development and personal growth in their career paths.
- Assist in creating a team environment where team members are able to grow personally and professionally and empower team members and provide them ownership in the process and direction of the ream and build confidence in their own abilities.
- Perform, lead and identify trends and developments in underwriting process, industry & market conditions and presents findings to Director, Risk Management and Senior Leadership.
- May conduct special financial and business-related reviews/studies and collaborate with indirect team members in other departments in improving operations and general practices in other areas of the business.
- Analyze applications for completeness, adequacy of information, and financial strength and overall creditworthiness and approve credit lines to match creditworthiness of accounts.
- Direct, lead and assist in conducting annual reviews of accounts to ensure continued creditworthiness for existing account credit lines.
- Direct, advise, coordinate, provide recommendations and guidance in approval of appropriate levels of credit lines assigned for Credit Analysts and accounts.
- Correspond (verbal and written) with applicants, client representatives and account holders on reasons for declines, additional information and items concerning requests.
- Review applications and accounts for indications of fraud. Verifications are conducted via research, phone calls to applicant/account holder and references/contacts of applicant and account holder(s)
- Obtain appropriate security and/or other documentation to secure accounts (e.g. Cash Deposits, UCC and other liens, bank letters of credit, guarantees, etc.).
- Record new credit line approvals in all systems and files as required.
- Review accounts listed on 80% report to determine whether an increase in credit line is warranted.
- Prepare and investigate Service Level Agreements (SLA) reports.
- Correspond with applicants/account holders on questions received via phone, fax, email and other communication methods.
- Assist in the preparation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and other guidance documentation of current procedures.
- Conduct special projects (e.g. assess creditworthiness of specific industries, quality of accounts approved, automated processes and products, etc.).
- Review, assess impact, and take corrective action on informational alerts received from various reporting agencies.
- Embrace the company’s purpose, mission, vision and values of the company and lead the team in embracing them.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 7+ years of business-to-business underwriting, business credit or analyst experience required.
- Must possess demonstrated leadership abilities.
- College degree required with emphasis in Business Administration or Ac
- Advanced experience in financial statement analysis is required
- Experience in a retail or sales environment is a plus
- Proven ability to be an independent worker
- Strong analytical skills in order to interpret credit documentation and guidelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skillsHighly effective interpersonal skills and conflict resolution/problem solving skills are a must to interact with internal staff and customers
- Advanced organizational and multi-tasking skills along with strong attention to details
- Highly intuitive nature in order to detect potential concerns while assessing credit worthiness.
- Intermediate to Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).