Advantage Tech is looking for a Customer Service Representative to join their Overland Park based client.
This position requires an individual with a customer centric mentality. Team members are responsible for interacting with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and miscellaneous requests.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities for Customer Support Representative I
- Establish a working relationship with our customers by communicating via mail, telephone, or personally with customer or company employee by performing the following duties.
- Serve as a primary contact to clients, merchants and customers providing timely, accurate and comprehensive responses and resolution to common questions and issues regarding supported programs, systems, processes and procedures.
- Illustrate initiative; proactively contact customers and merchants to address issues (eg: rejections, disputes, authorizations, technical needs, potential account issues, etc.).
- Dedicated to actively engage in building rapport with internal and external parties to provide an excellent customer experience resulting in increased program usage.
- May be asked to perform administrative tasks.
- Route escalated requests and unresolved issues to the appropriate team members (e.g.: tier 2 or 3 or Leadership).
- De-escalate challenging customers, clients or merchants and provide exceptional customer support.
- Record customer interaction details, comments, and complaints within the CRM system.
- Required to meet or exceed department metrics, program Service Level Agreements and department Service Level Standards.
- Actively participate in learning sessions.
- Provide insight and feedback for client quarterly business reviews and collaborate with team and leadership to create action plans from feedback received from client to improve program satisfaction.
- Provide feedback and collaborate with other team members to improve training and documentation for processes and procedures.
- Demonstrate professionalism: Maintain accountability, promote respect, stay work-focused, be punctual, demonstrate positive attitude.
- Contribute to a culture of excellence by adhering to expectations for metrics and SLAs, participating in ongoing learning sessions and collaborating regularly with the team.
- Participate in skip level meetings with Leadership to provide team, personal and program feedback; system program and role recommendations for improvements; requests for resources/tools for role, program, and system; effectively communicate needs from Leadership.
- Accept the need for change and adapt positively to internal and external changes.
- Provide feedback and assistance for processes and procedures for new program implementations.
- All expectations consistently demonstrated in an accurate, comprehensive and timely manner.
- Answer external and internal inquires via phone, email, etc (including, but not limited to: basic data entry, reimbursement reconciliation, dispute resolution, transaction processing issues, process and procedure questions.
- Prepare billings to be sent.
- Complete account and user updates.
- Send confirmation/approval communications.
- Complete account onboarding steps.
- Create and distribute applicable new launch announcements and welcome packets/letters/cards.
- Request assistance by internal departments to address applicable program issues impacting clients, merchants and customers.
Required Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- High School diploma or GED
- Meet the criteria as outlined above and/or have related customer support experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two years of customer support experience with heavy inbound call volume.
- Work schedule flexibility.
- Ability to skillfully manage challenging customer situations.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Coachable with ability to improve performance based on feedback.
- Proficient with Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Strong ability to work in a team and independent environment.
- Ability to consistently meet expectations in an ever-changing environment.
- Effective problem identification skills solution oriented.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.