Advantage Tech is searching for a Cyber Security Analyst/Engineer to join their client's team in the Kansas City Metro area.
The Cyber Security Analyst/Engineer is responsible for ensuring business systems, application and data assets are protected by actively monitoring, maintaining, and improving security constraints. The Cyber Security Analyst / Engineer should be well versed in business technology systems and will work closely with peers to ensure proper security constraints and procedures are in place for all current and future systems and applications.
The Cyber Security / Engineer champions a security mindset to all of the infrastructure environments and recognizes the value of security standards, policy and procedures in the IT environment. This position supports new security capabilities while assisting in security audits and assessments identifying vulnerabilities, remediation strategies, and effective safeguards.
The Cyber Security Analyst also supports incident response activities, analysis, risk remediation, attack mitigation, and post-incident reporting.
- Define patching processes and measure patching compliance for multiple platforms that ensure a secure environment (data center, end user and solution components).
- Evaluates, coordinates vulnerabilities scanning and assesses the impact to the client’s environment.
- Performs and coordinates risk remediation on any threats to the client’s environment.
- Participating in internal and external audits as well as security assessments.
- Collaboratively drives the development of an incident response plan and establishes roles and communication channels to facilitate rapid containment and controlled communications.
- Establishes processes and metrics to measure the response and containment for security risk incidents
- Technical support for security incidents and investigations
- Champion of information security policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures
- Monitors key security risk bulletins for threats to AWG and initiates action to obtain status and remediation plan for high-risk threats
- Proactive hunting for risks, vulnerabilities, threats, and attacks.
- A passion for leveraging the full value of existing security investments though regular review of vendor solution capability advancements and preparing recommendations/driving plans for adoption
- Research, evaluation of security tools, hardware, and software acquisition
- Provides technical expertise on security tools and how to implement solutions.
- Drive the implementation of security tools and investments
- Supports security awareness initiatives and enterprise-wide cyber security education
- Excellent writing skills to draft concise, comprehensive policies and procedures with experience leading Incident Response processes
- A passion for identifying and helping teams close down security risks/gaps through patching, vulnerability/penetration scanning and remediation processes
- Ability to communicate compliance through metrics and measures
- Working knowledge of Windows, Linux, and Apple server/compute OS
- Experience implementing single sign-on integrations with multi factor authentication
- Working knowledge with various enterprise email and messaging platforms
- Experience with various enterprise malware detection and removal tools
- Ability to discuss confidential security incidents with all levels of management
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
- 2+ years working with network infrastructure, including routers, switches, and firewalls.
- 2+ years of cloud security management in Azure, AWS or GCP
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technology related field
Additional Qualifications / Bonus Experience:
- Security incident response automation
- Experience with Proofpoint email security administration and end user education, Cisco firewall administration and policy management best practices, or Duo multi factor authentication implementation
- Proficiency with three or more of the following technologies: UTM firewalls, Web content filtering; Web application firewalls (WAF), Enterprise/Cloud networking
- Working knowledge of virtualization platforms and application containerization
- Experience supporting or implementation SSL, IPS, DLP and SIEM