Advantage Tech is searching for Data Analyst to join their client's team in Kansas City, Mo.
The Data Analyst collaborates with business users and IT teams to offer data solutions for assigned projects. Using an intermediate to advanced understanding of data integration, data movement methods, and database design methodologies, this individual gathers business and/or technical requirements and interprets them into design solutions. The successful candidate performs data analysis, data modeling design, data mapping, and metadata management.
3+ years developing and implementing operational, transactional, or analytical solutions
- Performs the database/modeling design function and business rule data mapping tasks.
- Translates business requirements into intermediate database design requirements.
- Assists and/or leads efforts to document data design architecture blueprints when required for a project.
- Identifies the source systems and data required to meet users’ current and future needs.
- Leads the preparation of requirements documentation. Follows current standards and policies and may identify opportunities for improvements and/or new implementations.
Uses SQL to perform medium to complex analysis and to interpret business rules into technical transformation rules.
1. Bachelor’s degree Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related academic field, or 3+ years supporting analysis and requirements.
1. 3+ years’ experience developing and implementing operational, transactional, or analytical solutions, documenting solutions and architectures, serving in a project or team leadership position.
2. Demonstrated ability to integrate data into a common environment, with a background in Data Quality best practices and disciplines.
3. Strong experience in creating data mapping documentation, including data flow diagrams and context diagrams, based on business rules provided by clients.
4. Strong experience creating detailed requirements.
5. Intermediate experience using Erwin, PowerDesigner, or other modeling software
6. Experience developing data test plans and conducting testing within the data environment.
7. Strong understanding of data quality, data profiling, data modeling techniques and methodologies, and data governance.
Strong knowledge of ETL, RDBMS concepts, SQL concepts and scripting with proficiency in querying multiple database objects.
1. Master’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other relevant academic field.
2. Intermediate experience with source-to-target (S2T) data mapping.
3. Intermediate experience using data modeling software to create entity relationship diagrams (ERDs).
Knowledge of healthcare terminology, concepts and value chain, including in-depth knowledge of one or more key healthcare domains (e.g. client, customer, product, provider, and/or claim).Submit Resume