Advantage Tech is seeking a Data Architect to work onsite for a client of ours in Kansas City, MO (full-time position).
The Data Architect should have proficiency with the Databricks platform implementing enterprise Lakehouse Architecture. Candidates will be expected to contribute to all stages of the data lifecycle including data ingestion, data modeling, data profiling, data quality, data transformation, data movement, and data curation.
- Responsible for strategizing enterprise-wide data architecture principles, cloud migration, and improvement of data effectiveness and efficiency.
- Design, document, and maintain logical data models including data definitions and data standards.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of data architecture, data modeling, source to target mappings, ETL processes, and reporting requirements.
- Enforce industry best practices and discipline to Implement Data-as-a-Service/Product architecture enabling advanced analytics (AI/ML) for business analysis and innovation.
- Implement appropriate data architecture, data modeling to turn data into a strategic asset and build advanced data solutions and capabilities to foster data-driven decision-making.
- Collaborate with business owners, stakeholders, data governance, and software development teams to design and implement data management solutions.
- Collaborate with meta-data management and data owners to manage data lineage traceability from source to consumption and where-used patterns across system landscape and electronic file system.
- Work with data governance and security leads to create data classification definitions and standards and provide impact analysis of regulatory or statutory requirements using lineage.
- Assist data governance and/or data security leads with any inquiries related to data access and work with data analytics and reporting teams to provide requirements for impact analysis reports where appropriate.
- Ensure all data solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, governance, privacy, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate re-usability and reliability upon deployment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders (both internally and externally) as a true business and strategic partner and enabler of the organization.
- All other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science is required. Relevant work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Minimum 8 years of experience required (or 5 years’ experience working of Data Architecture supporting large enterprise initiatives preferred)
- Hands-on experience implementing analytics solutions leveraging Delta, Python, Spark SQL, Databricks in a Lakehouse Architecture preferred
- Experience in analyzing Data Warehouses such as Redshift, Snowflake, etc., preferred
- Experience in creating and managing Master Data Management systems a plus preferred
- Experience in building data models including robust data definitions, entity-relationship-attribute models, as well as relational and/or dimensional models preferred