Advantage Tech is looking for a Data Integrator for our Lee's Summit client.
Associate Developer – Integration Services
• Consults with user and Information Services staff, determines needs, and designs application development based solutions. Suggests alternative approaches to meet user requirements.
• Analyzes business processes, workflow, database requirements, user requirements and existing business application functionality; develops project scopes, feasibility studies, and system requirements.
• Plans, executes, and manages the strategic integration of new data and data stores into existing systems and infrastructure throughout the enterprise, including cloud services as applicable.
• Responds to requests for data or for data analysis including reporting, normalization, field mapping, and duplicate record detection using SQL-based query languages or reporting software.
• Conducts research on emerging data integration products, languages, and standards in support of procurement, development, security, and ongoing integration efforts.
• Develops and maintains technical design documentation, user guides, policies and procedures. Ensures training of individuals for newly developed applications.
• Communicates project progress and status to the Lead Application Developer or with other members in the Solutions and Intelligence Team.
• Evaluates existing applications and systems. Recommends improvements or modifications utilizing current technologies and techniques
• Performs extensive data discovery and unit testing to ensure deployment of quality solutions early in the software development life-cycle.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Information Services.
- Requires up to two years of experience in application development with Microsoft Software (Visual Studio, .NET, SSIS, SSRS, SQL Server, VB Scripting and related scripting languages), MS Office Products and source management tool (TFS) or relevant experience in a comparable SQL development environment.
- Working knowledge of relational databases such as MS SQL Server or Azure SQL Database including but not limited to designing and tuning stored procedures.
- Solid experience and understanding of ESB/ETL tools such as Dell Boomi or SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Experience observing change management and code promotion through non-production environments.
- Experience in designing systems that use XML/XSLT and/or JSON
- Exposure to PowerShell and/or other scripting tools and techniques
- Exposure to batch processing tools and concepts
- Ability to develop data translation objects and data processing flow using modern tools and adapt to new ones as they become available.
- Proven ability to work independently to coordinate.
- Hands-on experience analyzing customer data specifications and providing gap analysis.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers to clarify data format requirements.
- This is a junior-level position, so minimum requirement early in tenure is to work under close supervision of their technical lead with little latitude for independent judgment, which would gradually increase commensurate with their experience/capability/success.
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.