Advantage Tech is looking for a Data Engineer for a growing client of ours.
The client is seeking a Data Engineer to join a dynamic and fast-paced development team in the Kansas City area with some telecommuting available. The client is a first-class data technology company and offers outstanding benefits and competitive salaries. They have the experience, market-leading position, and financial strength of a 90-year-old company with the attitude and environment of a startup!
This is a senior-level position requiring a minimum of five years of experience. The client is quick to adopt new and emerging information technologies to solve real-world business problems. Candidate must be a fast starter, excellent communicator, accept technical direction, work with minimal oversight and, most importantly – feel comfortable working in a small group environment where contributions to the team are critical to the overall success of the project.
III. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with a diverse and innovative team to provide support on research data management, quality control, and analysis.
- Integrate data from multiple sources to produce requested or required data elements.
- Work with internal teams to establish ETL and data cleansing processes.
- Develop and enhance ETLs across various database products, product development research & testing, to drive improved client services, rapid, effective ingestion of data, and business growth. Help refractor data models as needs and direction change.
- Work with IT application staff to define source-to-target mappings. Facilitate collection and documentation of the source-to-target transformation and business rules.
- Identify and define data quality improvements.
- Assist with database management in the full SDLC for new and existing products. Serve as a database subject matter expert and partner with developers on performance tuning and best practices, assessing new cloud-based data opportunities as they evolve and become available
- Ensure compliance with deliverable reporting requirements by performing quality data audits and analysis.
- Plan data migration and conversion strategies.
- Wrestle with problems associated with database integration and messy, unstructured data sets. The goal is to provide clean, usable data to whomever may require it.
- Optimize batch processing and efficient loads from daily data collection.
- Design and develop schema and ETL procedures in service of new data warehouse, designed to service traditional BI scenarios, operational reporting, and data science endeavors.
- Perform other duties as requested.
IV. QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Engineering, or related technical field.
- Advanced T-SQL development experience – ability to write, troubleshoot, and design (stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints) with demonstrated ability to write complex SQL to query OLTP and OLAP databases.
- Performance tuning, query optimization, using Performance Monitor, DMVs, and reading execution plans.
- Data Modeling including management of both structured and unstructured data sets — must be versed in different approaches to data architecture and applications including traditional data warehousing concepts and data lakes.
- Experience with data reconciliation and migration between data environments (e.g. dev, test, staging, prod, etc.).
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Servers (SSIS) required, experience with Azure Data Factory a plus
- Experience with traditional data warehouse schema design (star/snowflake schema, dimensional modeling, etc.).
- Knowledge of software applications such as Word, Excel, etc.
- Ability to write clean, readable, and easily maintainable code and documentation.
- Experience with code versioning tools, such as Git a plus.
- Knowledge of data architecture, data staging, and ETL/ELT concepts and tools.
- Experience with Data Visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI.
- Strong business acumen with an aptitude to learn the business.
- R and/or Python for statistical modeling a plus.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in a team-oriented work environment with a balance of collaboration and individual contribution.
- Innately curious, strong critical thinker and a growth mindset.
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously with limited supervision.