Advantage Tech is searching for a Data Engineer/Developer to join their client in Kansas City, MO.
This position is responsible for ensuring the productivity of the data engineering group, through active innovation and collaboration.
In this role, you will be working closely with the director of product delivery and the director of analytics support to implement real, company-wide change. We proudly maintain developer autonomy in our engineering department.
• Align/realign resources to projects based on current priorities
• Ensure data team has proper understanding of relevant KPIs and measures of success/failures
• Work alongside software engineers to develop Level-of-Effort metrics associated with new Projects/Epics added to backlog
• Ensure Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Architecture principles balance the optimization delivery of business innovation, resilience, and cost
• Participate in strategic planning for product delivery department
• Develop and execute training and growth plans of data engineers
• Help resolve both technical and human resources issues
• Assist with development and implementation of quality improvement efforts
• Ensure proper project time tracking to capitalize project expenses
• Solve problems relative to software development responsibilities
• Work closely with analytics, data science, and analytics support to further ease of use and reliability of data
• Maintain an expert understanding of company data and its uses across end users and applications
• Exemplify the desired culture and philosophies of the organization
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
• 2+ years of leadership experience
• 4+ years of experience working with one or more of the following: C/C++, Java, Python, or similar language, Unix/Linux systems
• 3+ years of experience with ETL and SQL
• Scripting experience in Shell, Perl or PythonSubmit Resume