Advantage Tech has an awesome client that has an exciting opening for a Data Protection Analyst.
As part of the Enterprise Cybersecurity Team, this role is responsible for assisting with operating the Data Protection program, ensuring effective data protection activities across various systems, applications and third parties that directly support the client's business. The Analyst assists with the implementation and ongoing support of this program enterprise-wide ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed/delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. The Data Protection Analyst works closely with Legal, HR, and other Cybersecurity associates and is part of a strategic and comprehensive Cybersecurity Team that is accountable for ensuring implementation in accordance with regulatory expectations, risk appetite, organizational risk practices and evolving business practices.
- Assist with operations of the enterprise wide Data Protection and Data Loss Prevention programs with a focus on safeguarding protected and sensitive data. Work closely with the Cybersecurity Incident Response and Architecture Teams to drive modifications to organization behavior policies and standards, procedures, metrics, processes, and related tools.
- Work with Cybersecurity Governance, risk management, and compliance Team on the data asset risk framework which prioritizes data loss prevention policy implementation to best reduce client's security risk posture and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and customer/consumer expectations.
- Work as part of a team tasked with data protection operations including data loss prevention, data access governance and data discovery. This program will provide monitoring and responding to potential data loss events, as well as tuning detection and prevention policies.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with business partners, including IT teams, in order to propose and formulate solutions to meet the business needs and to drive efficiency and business value.
- Drive a Data Protection and "treating data as an asset" culture to safeguard organizational data throughout the organization. Helping to champion the education and training of stakeholders and end users about client's Security and Data policies. Collaborate with stakeholders and partner teams on the planning, implementation, and roll-out of associated programs and solutions.
- Assist with operations of all the Data Protection Program plan elements that provide actionable results for client's Managed File Transfers; Data Leakage and Loss Prevention; and Media Handling programs.
- Participate in cybersecurity risk assessments and risk mitigation strategies.
- Bachelor's Degree or 2+ years experience Data Protections with specific experience with a large-scale Data Protection or Data Loss Prevention
- CISSP Preferred