Advantage Tech is seeking a remote Data Scientist for their client based out of Kansas City, MO office.
As a data scientist you will collaborate with the client’s development and client management teams to design, develop, deploy and improve collaborative filter models. We ingest large amounts of data from several sources for every client. Our data engineers are responsible for pipelining that data into a format ingestible by our models, however, the data scientist plays an active role in creating those specifications.
The backend is largely written in Python, so experience in that and other dynamic programming languages is essential. Our data is housed in Google Cloud Platform and we use Google Cloud managed services such as VertexAi, BigQueryML, GKE, Cloud Functions, Cloud Endpoints to deliver our service to our clients – experience in GCP or similar cloud environments (such as AWS) is required. We are also a small team; you will need to be comfortable taking your idea from theory into deployment.
Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, physics, engineering, etc.
- 5+ years Information Security management
- 5+ years general office management in EU
- 7+ years Information Security analysis
- 2+ years company executive leadership/ownership
English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Software Development – Knowledge of software development principles and architecture. Familiarity with programming for data analysis; ideally Python and SQL.
Cloud Technologies – Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform or AWS and of relational databases such as MySQL, PostgresQL, SQLServer, Redshift, Aurora, and/or BigQuery.
Clerical – Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
Complex Problem Solving Skills
- Complex Problem Solving- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Judgment and Decision Making- Considering users experience and flow of the users story pertaining to users interface.
- Systems Analysis- Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Systems Evaluation- Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.