Advantage Tech is looking for a Data Systems Analyst for our Overland Park, KS Client. The developer position is a key contributor within the organization and has the opportunity to directly enable our business vision.
This position requires someone whose mind and skills are strong, and someone with a commitment to continuous learning and experimentation to keep them that way. This role also requires the ability to communicate and collaborate clearly with internal departments as well as with consultants and third-party contributors from outside the company.
We are looking for an intermediate level Data Systems Analyst who will facilitate data systems development, data access strategy, reporting and business intelligence initiatives to deliver timely relevant data analysis to stakeholders throughout the organization and partner network. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, motivated, results-driven, flexible, detail-oriented, collaborative and adaptable. This position will work with subject matter experts, technical team peers, key stakeholders at all levels, and clients to deliver business value through the applied analysis of business data. This individual will operate within a culture of Autonomy and Purpose, with a high degree of accountability and is responsible for delivering thorough, high quality, completed work on time with high visibility throughout the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for data consolidation, analysis, database tuning and business reporting.
- Develops and maintains reports for stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Performs advanced business analysis using various techniques, e.g. data aggregation, de-normalization, statistical analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling, data mining.
- Determines best practices and develops actionable insights and recommendations for the current business operations or issues.
- Collaborates with various function teams such as marketing, research, underwriting, operations and IT to identify analytical requirements and achieve business results.
- Provides support to research teams or management by collecting and analyzing data and reporting results based on the needs of end users.
- May handle special analytical projects as needed.
- May assist in implementing or developing systems to capture business operation data.
- Uses commercial tools or develops custom solutions to generate metrics to present actionable recommendations.
- Contributes to the design of relational databases for data storage or processing. May assist in the creation of database architecture, and data repositories and warehouses.
- Develops data models to meet the needs of the organization's information systems.
- Ensures data accuracy. Troubleshoots and improves performance of data applications
- Maintains data integrity and data processing efficiency by working to eliminate redundancy and applying best practice data stewardship techniques.
- Develops strategies for warehouse implementation, data acquisition and access, and data archiving and recovery.
- May evaluate new data sources for adherence to the organization's quality standards and ease of integration.
- May recommend data reporting or access tools and train end-users in their use.
- Stays informed of the ways the organization uses its data.
- Continuously learning and staying abreast of technology advances, specifically cloud data technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, or relevant combination of experience and education
- 2+ years Data Analysis experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an iterative (agile), fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with distributed data systems.
- Excellent SQL skills to include T-SQL-specific DDL and DML and SSIS
- Strong understanding of Relational Data modeling including the following patterns/concepts:
- Self-referencing tables
- 1:1 extensions and Primary-Foreign Key pattern
- Experience with the following technologies:
- SQL Management Studio
- Microsoft Report Builder and/or SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Power BI or other Data Visualization Tools
- Experience working with a cloud-based environment such as Microsoft Azure
- Data base tuning, indexing, Query Plan analysis, bulk data movement, and data caching
- Experience with GIT, TFS, or other version control solutions
- Experience with data warehouse, mart, lake or other high volume OLAP topologies
- Experience with advanced Azure data analysis tools including but not limited to Databricks, Spark, Data Pipeline, Machine Learning, Data Lake and Data Factories
- Experience with Python and related Data Analysis tools including Pandas and NumPy
- Knowledge of Predictive Analysis and Business Intelligence techniques and best-practice
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.