Advantage Tech is looking for a Data Systems Analyst for our Overland Park, KS Client. The developer position is a key contributor within the organization and has the opportunity to directly enable our business vision.
This position requires someone whose mind and skills are strong, and someone with a commitment to continuous learning and experimentation to keep them that way. This role also requires the ability to communicate and collaborate clearly with internal departments as well as with consultants and third-party contributors from outside the company.
We are looking for a Data Analyst who will facilitate the implementation of our data access strategy, our reporting and business intelligence initiatives to deliver timely relevant information to stakeholders throughout the organization and partner network. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, motivated, results-driven, flexible, detail-oriented, collaborative and adaptable. This position will work with subject matter experts, technical team peers, key stakeholders at all levels, and clients to deliver business value through the applied analysis of business data. This individual will operate within a culture of Autonomy and Purpose, with a high degree of accountability and is responsible for delivering thorough, high quality, completed work on time with high visibility throughout the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for data consolidation, analysis, database tuning and business reporting.
- Develops and maintains reports for stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Determines best practices and develops actionable insights and recommendations for the current business operations or issues.
- Collaborates with various function teams such as marketing, research, underwriting, operations and IT to identify analytical requirements and achieve business results.
- Provides support to research teams or management by collecting and analyzing data and reporting results based on the needs of end users.
- May handle special ad-hoc analytical projects as needed.
- May assist in implementing or developing systems to capture business operation data.
- Uses commercial tools or develops custom solutions to generate metrics to present actionable recommendations.
- Contributes to the design of relational databases for data storage or processing. May assist in the creation of database architecture, and data repositories and warehouses.
- Ensures data accuracy. Troubleshoots and improves performance of data applications
- Maintains data integrity and data processing efficiency by working to eliminate redundancy and applying best practice data stewardship techniques.
- May recommend data reporting or access tools and train end-users in their use.
- Stays informed of the ways the organization uses its data.
- Continuously learning and staying abreast of technology advances, specifically cloud data technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, or relevant combination of experience and education
- 4+ year experience in as Data Analysis position and demonstrated critical thinking aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an iterative (agile), fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced Excel proficiency to include Pivot Tables
- Introductory SQL competency, basic Queries
- Proficient in linking Excel to external data sources
- Business Intelligence and Reporting tools (PowerBI) or other Data Visualization Tools
- SSIS, MS Reporting Services
- SQL skills to include T-SQL-specific DDL and DML and SSIS
- Familiar with an agile work environment
- Experience working with a cloud-based environment such as Microsoft Azure
- Experience with data warehouse, mart, lake or other high volume OLAP topologies
- Experience with advanced Azure data analysis tools including but not limited to Data Pipeline, Machine Learning, Data Lake and Data Factories
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal’s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our consultants and clients.
Please visit www.advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities.