Advantage Tech is looking for an Data Team Manager for a client of ours in Topeka. The work can be done remotely, yet they prefer a local resource that is open to traveling to Topeka from time to time. This is a direct hire that will have great benefits.
This position is for a Data Team Manager, reporting to the agency CIO. The successful candidate for this position will work closely with leaders across the organization to implement high-quality, training, awareness and full stack initiatives that will support the data initiatives to meet the business outcomes. The ideal candidate has a knack for creating innovative solutions to create awareness to data initiatives and develop the business mindset in employees to convert insights into strategic opportunities for our agency.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
· Responsible for training programs for employees, assesses training and development needs for organizations, helps individuals and groups develop skills and knowledge, creates training manuals, presents in-person training sessions, monitors training for effectiveness.
· Assess employees' skills, talents, performance and productivity and prepare written evaluations with advice for improvement
· Research new training materials and supplies that might enhance our training procedures and provide value to our employees
· Contribution to agency strategies and tactical implementation of those strategy components and coordination with multiple functions across Enterprise IT and with peers across business units.
· Management of assigned staff(development, performance management, merit, promotions, etc.), budgets(Project Investment, Sustainment, Overhead, Travel, Training, and Awards) and overseeing the agile transformation, data requests process, tracking requests submitted, prioritization, approval, etc.
- Experience working with business communities to develop and deploy business analytics solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead Business Intelligence (BI) / Advanced Analytics / Data Warehouse technical teams to develop, release and support deliverables.
- Demonstrated management skills including budget management and scheduling.
- Experience leading training and communication initiatives
- Experience with UI and Business Intelligence products
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Staff management (performance management, merit, promotions, hiring, training skill development, etc.) experience.
- Experience leading diverse teams with multiple components.
- Experience with implementation of a data strategy.
- Demonstrated business acumen and ability to balance technical requirements with business needs.
- Experience with cloud and full stack development
- Ability to proactively identify and mitigate risks.
- Experience mentoring and coaching.
- Demonstrated ability to perform well and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate effectively across both Information Technology and Business Functional organizations.