Advantage Tech is searching for a remote team member to join their client's team as a Database Administrator.
The Database Administrator will have the opportunity to support a diverse set of application databases and data warehouse environments. This includes, but is not limited to, the design, implementation and maintenance of production databases. The position requires the support of business initiatives through researching, reviewing and developing database designs, evaluating new database software and presenting findings to project teams, IT leadership and business leadership. An ideal candidate will have experience performing root cause analysis of database problems, identifying solutions and make recommendations for resolution.
- Performs database performance monitoring and tuning.
- Creates and implements physical database design.
- Ensures RDMS software and server runtimes are fully optimized.
- Performs database software installations, patching and routine maintenance.
- Provides 24×7 operational support for production and nonproduction database environments.
- Create and monitor enterprise-level jobs for data extraction, transformation and load.
- Document, review, recommend and change database models, schemas and T/PSQL.
- Makes technical decisions following established policies and procedures to ensure database availability.
- Collaborates with direct team, peer teams, management when complex system issues arise.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years administering enterprise database systems in DB2, Cloud, Oracle, SQL Server or Open Source.
- Experience with upgrades, backup / recovery, patching and support of production and lower level databases.
- Ability to optimize and improve databases performance.
- UNIX Shell scripting experience (Korn and/or Borne Shell).
- ODBC connected query tools experience (SQL*Plus, TOAD, SQL Developer, AQT).
- TSQL development skills to assist programmers with query performance tuning.
- Experience creating tables, views, stored procedures, T-SQL, dynamic SQL, indexes, and data constraints.
- Experience with data models, database design and development.
- Ability to interpret data and analyze results.
- Familiarity with ITIL is a plus.
• DB2 for AIX Database Administrator experience.
• Data Warehousing experience.
• ERwin data modeling experience.
• Open source database experience.
• SAN attached devices and (NFS) mounted file systems experience.Submit Resume