Advantage Tech is searching for a Database Administrator to join their client's team based out of Blue Springs, Mo.
Works closely with business owners, which include IT and non-IT departments to understand the data needs of the company. Identifies the data master systems to design integrations into a developed data repository to service the reporting and analytic requirements of each department and the client as a whole. Provides current and future road map clarity of data at the client to align with the vision provided. Monitors developed systems and works to improve data capture and ongoing delivery. Clearly documents the structure, processes and security of the developed systems which will allow building a team to support the client's data infrastructure. Works under the general guidance of the Manager, Corporate Business Systems.
- Work closely with the software and applications development teams to recommend database structures based on the data storage and retrieval needs.
- Configures, monitors, upgrades and administers existing database.
- Reviews for data integrity and manages initiatives to cleanse, purge and or eliminate corrupt or redundant information from database.
- Works with a team to design, implement and maintain a Global Enterprise Data Warehouse solution.
- Acquires, demonstrates understanding and maintains familiarity of business plans of the company, business units and associated functional departments.
- Works with all departments and cross functional teams to investigate, understand, map and produce detailed documents of current data needs for systems and reporting across the organization.
- Collaborates in the planning, design, development of system optimization and improvement planning to existing applications including, but not limited to SQL Server database performance monitoring and analysis, capacity planning, system sizing and ongoing maintenance and tuning to ensure maximum performance.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships to develop, implement, and monitor standards and procedures to ensure optimum performance, scalability and reliability.
- Supports multiple servers and databases of high complexity with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of the data.
- Establishes and manages scripts and documentation for all aspects of administration including database design, implementation, data scrubbing, encryption, disaster recovery, and participate in disaster recovery process.
- Reviews and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develops strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Prepares and delivers recommendations and alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in operating systems across the global organization with cross- functional teams.
- Effectively communicates to manager, senior staff and/or external customer the status of issues, activities, and future projects.
- Prepares documentation according to standards, policies, and procedures of department.
- Scopes and establishes accurate timelines for business projects.
- Travels as needed, both domestically and internationally.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or an equivalent combination of education and experience. 5 years or more of experience in gathering and documenting requirements, developing database solutions, maintaining database solutions, integrating database solutions, knowledge of multiple database systems and platforms and database security design. Experience in conducting modeling sessions in which to analyze complex requirements, design and conclusions to a group of individuals. Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment. Highly effective presentation skills.
Preferred: Experience in web and/or application development, experience with JDE World, OnBase, Salesforce, experience in the manufacturing industry, and certifications.