Job Titile: DBA
Day to day activities will involve small to very large and complex Postgres work. The database administrator is involved in database design, query optimization, authoring stored procedures, database updates, backups, recovery and troubleshooting of issues.
60% Application Support. Develop logical database design, reporting and provide ongoing support and administration of databases pertaining to enterprise business applications. Write and debug complex SQL and understand the best ways to incorporate database requests into application programs. Actively participate in requirements definition, design, development, deployment, maintenance and enhancement of applications working as part of Application Development team, with specific focus on databases.
20% Database Performance and Optimization. Performs database tuning, space management, and instance administration. Creates and manages keys and indexes. Measures database performance and troubleshoots complex database issues and I/O bottlenecks. Reviews query plans and optimizes SQL code as required. Work closely with the application development teams to resolve any performance related issues and provide application support.
10% Documentation and process. Produces and maintains documentation on database structure, procedures and data standards.
10% Gather intelligence related to technology trends and competing products. Stay abreast of trends within the industry as they relate to future innovation of our products and development of new products. Researches, evaluates and selects database technologies to support business requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years of related experience or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or other related field.
- 3 years experience designing and building data models and schemas to support application requirements.
- 3yrs experience creating and maintaining databases, tables, views, stored procedures and other database objects.
- 2yrs experience performing database tuning, space management, and database administration.
- 3yrs experience in writing Queries, Functions, Procedures and DDL scripts for relational database systems.
- 3yrs experience managing PostgreSQL databases, MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server databases
- 2yrs experience managing RDS databases and Aurora databases in AWS.