Advantage Tech is searching for a CADD Assistant to join their client's team in Kansas City. Mo.
The CADD Assistant will work directly with the CADD manager to help with CADD software support and maintenance.
CADD Assistant – 3 years of experience with Autodesk products, Inventor, AutoCAD, and Vault
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports directly to CADD Manager in conjunction with the Engineering Manager
- Responsible for basic CAD software install and configuration with direction from the CADD Manager
- Responsible for supporting engineering CAD issues with the Autodesk products, Inventor, AutoCAD, and Vault.
- Responsible for maintaining the Autodesk Inventor Content Center and standard part libraries with direction from the CADD manager.
- Responsible for monthly CAD training meetings with CADD Manager direction.
- Maintains training documentation and trains new users with direction from the CADD Manager
- Creates drawing template files for engineering with direction from the CADD Manger
- Responsible for maintaining job folder structure in Vault as well as job archiving.
- Responsible for effective communication with CADD Manager and Engineering Manager to ensure proper CAD training and integration.
- Will assist with mechanical design and detailing when not involved with CAD tasks.
- Associate Degree in Mechanical Design, or 3-5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years of experience with Autodesk products, Inventor, AutoCAD, and Vault
- Have proficient skills with Microsoft Office programs
- Familiarity with Siemens Teamcenter, Tekla, Autodesk Navisworks and ReCap a plus
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to quickly identify solutions to simple CAD problems
- Ability to be flexible with new and challenging software and problems
- Positive attitude
- Ability to take direction and willingness to drive change and challenge / improve existing processes.