Are you looking for an opportunity to be mentored and trained into higher technology skills? This company is seeking someone to come in and learn and cross train in the IT area. Huge growth opportunity with a great mentor and leader!
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for level 1 & 2 information technology support. This is professional level position with an understanding and capability to apply IT concepts, providing effective evaluation of end-user needs and in all cases uses good judgment and timeliness in responding to and resolving each issue or complaint to the end users’ satisfaction. Resolution includes but is not limited to the following: Identify, research, and resolves technical problems, timely response to telephone calls, email, tickets and personnel requests for technical support. The position also requires accurate documentation and tracking, and incident monitoring to ensure a timely resolution.
- Troubleshoot issues as 1st & 2nd level support for desktop and enterprise applications, local/networking printing, e-mail, connectivity, remote access, and hardware issues.
- Troubleshoot and replace laptop and PC hardware such as DVD-Rom, hard drive, floppy drive, motherboard, power supply, computer fan, NIC, monitors, LCD screens, and warranty repairs.
- Participate in IT Support queue which will result in assigning and prioritizing open issues.
- Log, prioritize, assign and troubleshoot all calls, voicemails, emails, trouble tickets and walk-up requests reporting technical problems. When appropriate, determine appropriate group for escalation.
- Manage customer issues and requests by creating, tracking and documenting technical solutions.
- Manage deliverables associated with a project by prioritizing, tracking, and completing assigned tasks.
- Builddeploy new workstations (desktop & laptop PC's) .
- Installupgrade hardwaresoftware on Windows workstations.
- Troubleshoot assigned tickets to determine if issue can be resolved or determine appropriate group for escalation.
- Maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing desktop computers, laptop/notebook computers, printers, peripheral hardware and software.
- Configuring and installing operating systems, desktop applications, and network software.
- Providing user support and problem resolution for desktop computers, network access, E-mail, Web, and server based applications.
- Testing and evaluating hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing systems.
- Training users on proper network, workstation, PC, and software/application use.
- Providing technical input to policies/procedures for installation, use, and maintenance of computers, networks, and peripherals.
- Operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting network server hardware, operating systems, and application software.
- Create domain users and assign rights to applications and systems.
- Apply Windows updates to both desktops and servers using MS SCCM.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a technical support environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Laptop/desktop Deployments and Break/Fix (Windows and Macs)
- Extensive knowledge of Printer Deployments and Break/Fix
- Diagnostic and analytical skills for software, hardware and general IS application knowledge.
- Strong computer literacy skills with an emphasis on software knowledge, installations and use.
- Experience in network management software, email, virus protection, connectivity and remote desktop support software.
- Prior Active Directory experience preferred.
- Prior Windows 7/10 Professional Experience Required
- Microsoft applications, Data Base applications, Internet and internet protocols.
- Ability to multitask – Sense of urgency; maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to be proactive and able to take direction and establish ownership of projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer-focus; service oriented attitude.
Reach out for immediate interviews! #advantagetech