Advantage Tech is searching for a Desktop Support representative to join their client's team in Kansas City, KS.
The Desktop Support II provides technical assistance to system users. Troubleshoot and resolve computer software and hardware issues. Answer system users' inquires concerning the use of computer hardware and software.
- Five (5) years of experience implementing and supporting IT systems.
- At least two (2) years of experience in customer technical support highly preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge to troubleshoot technical problems with the following: workstations, laptops, local and network printers, handheld devices, smart phones, tablets, MFDS and Microsoft Office Products.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to be organized.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Professional and pleasant telephone manner.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to explain technical issues to technical and nontechnical employees and customers.
- Proficient knowledge in Windows Operating Systems including Windows 7 and 10
- Possess knowledge of Window Server and Linux OS, along with any combination of certifications in A+, MCDST, and HDI is preferred.
1. Installs, troubleshoots, repairs, monitors and maintains complex IT and technical equipment. *
2. Provides reports, follows defined methodology for maintenance, installation, service or repair of hardware and equipment. *
3. Determines and recommends appropriateness of moderate equipment changes or modifications. *
4. Documents system users’ problems and resolutions for future reference. *
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associates Degree in Computer Information Technology or other related subjects, or any combination of certifications in A+, MCDST, and HDI is preferred.
* Denotes Essential FunctionsSubmit Resume