Advantage Tech is searching for a Desktop Support III candidate to join their client's team in their Sabetha, KS Office.
The Desktop Support Technician III is a lead role in computer desktop support and mentors’ other technicians within the department. Uses independent judgement to triage all support requests, resolution of issues and escalation of issues, if needed.
Responsible for leading, delivering and completing assigned projects, providing team member support for Windows based systems, system imaging, desk setups, training and/or general assistance. You will be a critical member of the IT team, responsible for supporting all local and remote users.
This position will work on a team that provides support for computer hardware, software applications, and other various desktop devices.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair desktop, laptop, and mobile issues.
- Help triage, respond and resolve tickets received into the IT Helpdesk/Ticket System.
- Monitor internal IT support channels and field walk-up support requests from team members.
- Provide timely response to all issues, update internal customers on status, solicit additional information, if needed, and troubleshoot issues.
- Document procedures and develop end user instructions.
- Work closely with team members and clients both onsite and virtually to support their systems integrated into the client's network.
- Solve issues effectively and efficiently know when to use your resources and when to escalate.
- Provide end-user training, as needed.
- Onboard new hires including provisioning of computers, accounts and peripherals. This will include initial basic user onboarding, assist in configuring accounts and MFA, and providing technical support for user issues.
- Strong collaboration and coordination with other technicians and infrastructure Manager on systems deployments, software installations, and other computer diagnostic events.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10, Office M365, OneDrive, SharePoint, VPN, MFA tools and other cloud-based services.
- Basic networking and local computer management skills required,
- Ability to lead small projects and manage timelines.
- Use independent judgment and initiative within established policies and procedures.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to develop, interact and maintain excellent business relationships with internal and external contacts to support compliance and high levels of service
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-sufficient, self-managed, self-motivated, must be effective working independently and with a team of technicians.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work and activities.
- Preferred 1 year or more working in manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to learn new systems, applications, etc. quickly and adapt to change.
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
Location / Reporting:
- This position is required direct onsite support for the Sabetha, Kansas manufacturing facility.
- This position is not designated as “Remote worker”
- This position reports directly to the Americas Infrastructure Manager
- Required Education: High school diploma or GED
- Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree or related experience
- Minimum Experience: 4 – 6 years Desktop experience
- Preferred Licensure / Certification: A+ and / or any current Microsoft certification or industry equivalent.