Seeking an experienced DevOps/Cloud Engineering contractor to supplement the Digital DevOps Engineering team. You will be part of a fast paced, customer driven team implementing a highly visible digital transformation program. The engineer will partner with Digital team members across the enterprise to implement and support a modern CI/CD system to automate the building, testing and deployment of cloud-based digital solutions. The DevOps/Cloud Engineering contractor will play a key role in advancing digital application development and process automation.
- Support and extend existing automated Continuous Improvement (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) pipelines for cloud-based digital applications.
- Guide the organization towards self-service DevOps model with aspiration for fully automated, zero downtime deployments.
- Contribute and enhance to the implementation of a cloud-based development environment.
- Engage with development and quality assurance teams to adopt and continuously improve best practices for software delivery.
- Participate in the development, evaluation and recommendation of tools, processes, and best practices to improve quality, consistency, and velocity of solution delivery.
- Implement and support automation and scripting with yaml based pipelines and Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
- Configure and maintain software development tools spanning source control, continuous integration/delivery, testing, code review, etc.
- Perform DevOps duties as needed to administer and maintain the configuration, health, and enhancement of the digital solution platform in the AWS environment.
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement in areas of IaC and AWS best practices.
- Provide consultation and training on CI/CD tooling and processes to development organization.
- AWS Architecture and experience deploying AWS services
- Strong Terraform IaC (infrastructure as code) coding experience implementing AWS cloud services
- Python scripting (Lambda handlers)
- Experience with creation of yaml CI pipelines
- Background in creating secure cloud architectures for customer facing applications that are enterprise grade and highly scalable.
- Understanding of micro-services architecture, design patterns, and standard methodologies with an eye towards scale, automation, resiliency, high availability, and disaster recovery.
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD pipeline automation and integrating tools such as SonarQube, SAST/DAST, load and performance tools
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, Fargate (or comparable).
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related field.
- Five or more years’ experience with DevSecOps or DevOps engineering.
Exposure/experience with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), Gitlab SCM, and/or Jira or Confluence