Advantage Tech is seeking an Application Developer for one of our clients in the Overland Park area.
POSITION PURPOSE: The Application Developer is responsible for designing and developing system solutions to meet various business needs for both internal and external customers. Additionally, the incumbent will perform analyst support as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop full-stack solutions for internal and external projects using
- Service-Oriented Architecture based on Microsoft .NET Core 3.0, Microsoft .NET Framework, C#, REST, Web API, Windows Services
- Databases built in SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL
- Develop reporting solutions based off SSIS, Crystal Reports, Tableau, Excel, Word, and .NET Framework tools
- Participate and contribute in some or all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) on a project by project basis
- Work with internal and/or external users to interpret and participate in the defining and validating the detailed business requirements for the project.
- Participate and/or lead an application design process to meet the requirements
- Develop services, applications, and web sites to meet the design specifications based on user interface screens, reports, and business requirements as required
- Perform system tests to ensure programs/modules perform as expected
- Develop detailed and thorough documentation as required
- Meet all deadlines throughout the process
- Assist in maintaining legacy systems written in ASP.Net and Microsoft MVC 5
- Provide support and enhancements to existing production applications in a timely and accurate manner
- Create scripts and processes to automate load processes for eligibility, drug database updates, NPI files, etc.
- Other related duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Processing, Engineering or Math, or
- Graduation from a software development bootcamp such as Centriq or KU Bootcamp
- Understanding of back-end development technologies and principles including REST services, SOAP services, Web API, micro-ORMs, and .NET Core
- Demonstrated understanding of SOLID, DRY, Design Patterns, and industry best practices for front-end mobile work and back-end server work
- Understanding of relational databases and programming – connectivity, querying, and designing for SQL Server, MySQL, and Oracle
- Visual design skills for mobile front-end development work
- Highly motivated, self-starter with a strong sense of duty
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or scheduled form.
- Word, Access, Excel, Database software, E-mail and Internet
- Detail oriented and process driven.
- Ability to extract information from relational databases to perform reporting functions.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels and disciplines of management and staff.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot programs, code, queries and reports.
- Highly organized and efficient with the ability to multitask
- Adept at both working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Must be flexible to respond to unexpected changes in work load, emergencies and priority situations.
- Able to deal with stressful situations involving problems with multiple variables in a wide range of situations
Includes a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues. Some positions may require travel. Mode of travel would normally be by car or airplane. Some positions may include a call center environment, in which case there would be exposure to excessive noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The individual is occasionally required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The vision requirements include: close vision.